New 3-way, 18 inch bass, Beyma TPL150 AMT Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Xover built to stage one, gold obligato, massive coils.

Soon to finalise tweeter housing.

Bass and mid bass are now with painter for gloss and black facia.

Attachments

• xover.jpg
    xover.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 868
Tweeter horn parts CNC'd and glued today.

I'll create a small bracket to secure the driver to the rear of the horn. The driver rear housing will be discarded.

The horn section will then be inserted into the larger housing, secured from underneath.

Need to taper the horizontal sections.

Getting there.

Attachments

• tweeter rear.jpg
    tweeter rear.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 794
  • tweeter pieces.jpg
    tweeter pieces.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 796
  • tweeter in housing.jpg
    tweeter in housing.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 794
  • tweeter glue 1.jpg
    tweeter glue 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 789
your horn for the beyma tpl150 looks very nice .
is it the same size and flare as the original ?
is the reason for making your own only for looks or are you aiming for better response / dispersion ?
i am very curious how the new enclosure/horn for the tpl150 measures compared to the original horn.

Tweeter horn parts CNC'd and glued today.

I'll create a small bracket to secure the driver to the rear of the horn. The driver rear housing will be discarded.

The horn section will then be inserted into the larger housing, secured from underneath.

Need to taper the horizontal sections.

Getting there.

your horn for the beyma tpl150 looks very nice .
is it the same size and flare as the original ?
is the reason for making your own only for looks or are you aiming for better response / dispersion ?
i am very curious how the new enclosure/horn for the tpl150 measures compared to the original horn.

Thanks Hum

Two main reasons:

1. looks...the whole rig is lovely Euro Birch ply
2. sound...we want to eliminate any possible ringing. I'm not targeting different dispersions at this stage...though the horn could be sold down the track with more advanced profile. I can promote this small horn via CAD/CNC file sale.

Kindly

Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.