What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
EDCOR 600:600 phasing issue!!

EDCOR 600:600 phasing issue!!

which is found just lately - I need to rework all pcbs involving named Xformer, which means Iron Pre too

if you intend to use Jensen or Cinemag, no worries, but there is a price for error in Edcor datasheet

if you already have pcb and intend to use Edcor - cure is easy - either some xacto knofe work on pcb , or same on xformer (swapping pins 5 and 7)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Once again I listened to ZM, and once again it has paid off. I picked up a pair of 600:15K edcors to put after the AVC in my Iron Pre. Works like a charm, and sounds fantastic!! Still need to permanently mount, but so far so good. The cherry on top is that I put them on a switch, so passive/no gain is down, and big iron gain (Edcor) is up.

I’m pretty sure I’ll never need another preamp. Thanks again ZM!!

How many times I thought, "last one.". I don't even get Done before I start another!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
This is one nice preamp to have. I have the 2016 board version I built as a beta test offering. Not only is it very nice sounding indeed, the entire package is to be applauded. Power supply, a nice shunt type, relay switching with ultra short paths to the RCA jacks buffer and all on one simple board. No wondering what power supply, all here on one board. Wiring greatly simplified.

You wont regret this little jewel!

Russellc