What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just solder piece of wire - leftover of diode or resistor leg and form it to sit in solder pad and that's it

Attachments

• IMG-8060.jpg
    IMG-8060.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You can see in that photo where the wire attaches to the pin near the outside. You could take a small piece of wire or a thin resistor lead and attach it to that point, then bend it down and put through the PCB.

Missing one pin will still be mechanically strong, and you'll have a working preamp. :)

EDIT: This post brought to you by somebody who didn't refresh the page... :rofl:

Sooo, all assembled but no sound unfortunately. Seems like the relays are not working (i.e. I can't hear them clicking). Just to double check: To close a relay I connect + to the relevant relay? (Usually via the twister board) I tried with two dupont wires as well and no clicking... They click only when I checked continuity between PSU ground and the relays.

I'm a bit at a loss here... anything specific I should check? All diodes seem to be in the right direction. Relays are RY-24W-K.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
here we go

pretty much everything clear - connect "plus for relays" with vertical pair of pins for relay of choice (1 to 5)

for check, you can measure between plus and minus pins, expecting something as 24V

take care that these both rails are not having anything with audio GND, they're made from positive and negative rail before regs

I wrote "GND for twister leds" , where it is in fact "minus for twister leds", from reason explained in previous sentence

I'm lazy to edit picture

Attachments

• how to switch.png
    how to switch.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited: