What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Thanks to 6L6 I was able to get these balanced boards. I plan to use them with my Serbian Balanced Lightspeed volume control. Also, thank you Zen Mod for this great project!

Just got my parts, time to build them!

Attachments

• IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 218
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you think of enabling relay , that's easy - explained earlier in thread , few days ago

14 pins IDC connector : short pins 1 and 3 for input 1

1 to 5 for input 2

1 to 7 for input 3

1 to 9 for input 4

1 to 11 for input 5

I have 2016 boards if that matters, per phone call with Jim, I should connect #2 and#4 to turn on one...however in post above, slightly different #723...add to that I did all this with no coffee (nice dark Sumatra now) combined with professional level ability to destroy anvil with rubber hammer

I got the Gemini shunt sections soldered up and tested with load resistors. I was only able to get a max of +/- 11v regulated out of them. After trouble shooting I realized I got 2.5v lm336’s instead of 5v.

Does anyone think I should order replacements or can I swap out the upper voltage divider resistors R10 and R7 for a higher value, say ~100k?

I am using all the values from this schematic except for U1 and U2 where I used 2.5v instead of 5v ones. With my limited knowledge I was thinking I could up the R10 and R7 values to get voltage division lower?

Thanks for tip on load resistors, I won't bother tacking them on for second board I test! :)

Attachments

• Iron Pre SE sch sheet 1.png
    Iron Pre SE sch sheet 1.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 203