Inductor Loaded De-Lite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Another factor to consider is the output impedance of your preamp (modeled as series resistance of the input signal in the simulation) that will feed the amplifier. High preamp output impedance will affect the high frequency response of the amplifier.

If the output impedance of your preamp is too high, you can add a buffer at the front of the amplifier.

Simulations with 100R, 1K, and 10K impedance:

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    169.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    173.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    170.1 KB · Views: 136
Japan answered no, so it is China for next order.

Question. I am trying to simulate the PSU from Zen 5 and when I use the topology as it is it doesn't work. When I change to 2nd scheme it works. Anyone knows what is going on? (ok it is half the PSU, only the positive, shouldn't have any issue right?)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-09-21 01-31-42.png
    Screenshot from 2020-09-21 01-31-42.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot from 2020-09-21 01-33-03.png
    Screenshot from 2020-09-21 01-33-03.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 260
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Are you questioning NP's design? :eek:

In your first scheme, it looks like the Rload connection to Mosfet source is faulty - there is no connection. It looks like you attempted to connect to the "body" of the Mosfet.

Once you get it running, I think you will find that you are trying to drop too much voltage with R1 at 1K. The output voltage should be about 25V - 4V = 21V or so. The current through R1 and subsequently D6 will be too high in order to get the output voltage to 21V. R1 can be increased to decrease the current.

In your second scheme the Mosfet is not regulating voltage. I believe it is doing nothing. The Mosfet is parallel to the Rload, but with C4 in series with the Mosfet, DC does not pass through so it does not affect the circuit. The C4 probably prevents the Mosfet from burning up. I think in effect you have a CLC supply supplying power to Rload.

The model with the PSU takes a couple of hours to calculate. Anyway, it is impressive how much is the voltage drop, I guess this is what CCS tries to beat right? However in the end, with some increase in distortion, it gives results.
Ordered 180ES from China, aliexpress from our friend, too. Put it on the same circuit and LTSpice says it works, weird. I would expect to have to have much different settings. Anyway, when I have them will try them.
All my orders from China, are in still in nowhere, for my other projects too, its been almost a month....
Weird thing is I have still have no news for my IXYS FETs from Germany...

I have ended up in the below scheme, which seems to give me 1.9% thd with 30 Vp @1KHz. I am a little worried if I have the ground correctly or what. Simulation though runs like a kitten.

IXYS FET finally arrived but 193V hasn't been posted yet (finally bought from Italy). For PSU capacitors I found some huge 33mF. For output I ll try 3300uF and 33mF

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-09-28 17-10-47.png
    Screenshot from 2020-09-28 17-10-47.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 198
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.