Inductor Loaded De-Lite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Update:

I am running steadily at 6A 50V, that is 300W. FET temp is 36.
Everything is fine, sound is now at an acceptable level still with SONY CD player only, didn't manage the weekend to bring the preamp.
Now I can listen on the Magnepans too but on family level..

I have a victim of war, see photo, coils melted... I have ordered much bigger but still on the way

I am preparing the stereo, see photo..

Attachments

• 20201109_131626.jpg
    20201109_131626.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 20201109_131640.jpg
    20201109_131640.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 178
Situation:
6+ Amperes. This is demanding, it is very difficult to have 6+ A always on. Everything is getting heat. But now I know what to cool...
Ambient temp 22C. Vin 55V, FETs temp 45-50C (When music is loud temp falls). Vbias 2.4V, Vsg 3.3V.
193V gets real real heat, 195T5 stands really good.

Music with "Setup is still cheap everything":
I can't believe my ears. When I start listening I cannot stop. Really. THD is there, IMD is there, i can hear everything but DAMN, I don't give a !@#$ about distortion and numbers! Speakers are vanished, a big stage 3m wide and 3m height. DAMN again!! Huge bass, the organ itself, not the one that hits the stomach, not blurring, the bass leaves everything clear. I can hear every little sound, how it is created and how it vanishes.
I also tried hubris and put symphonic on it. Damn again. You are not in 1st row seat, you are in the back somewhere but you can enjoy. And it is loud. My daughter two stores above told me she was hearing very clearly the music....
Minus: Can't drive again maggies :(. I quit that.
Today I am receiving Satoris Be tweeters 95 db, and I will put on to see how it sounds. I will build a set of speakers based on them a little later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.