Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Hey guys,
I should receive my boards by the end the week.
Does any of you could point me to the right FDP files for front and back panels?
I'm kinda confused about which are the right ones since some people noted that there are some mistakes on some files.
Did any of you use another case than the slimline 1U? I'm not sure my wife would like that case in our living room but I don't really know how to adapt the FDP files so that they fit a galaxy case.

Thank you

Hello all,

As of this morning all kits ordered in recent weeks have been mailed. Those going to the US should receive them in the next couple of days (some already have them). Those going overseas should arrive as soon as next week.

For those interested, I do have a few kits on hand.

Late to the party...if there are extra kits, I'm in for one. Thank you!

"What type of opamp is used in the power supply?"

Those are NE5534AN opamps. They are described in the power supply schematic

Question about the Polystyrene caps...(1000 and 1800pf)

I've never used these before and the ones I received have a red band around one end. Does this matter which way they are installed? The schematic shows non-polarized.
Thanks

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The band shows the outer connection of the foil and can be used to shield the internal part of the cap from hum/noise pickup if you connect it suitably.

For example if the cap were across an audio input to ground you would connect the band to the ground end. If it were a feedback cap across an opamp output and input then you would connect the band to the opamp output to make use of the low impedance at that point.