diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Starting my final assembly of my HB. 20200408_091618.jpg 20200408_100306.jpg 20200408_100313.jpg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1586304325415.jpg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1586304823100.jpg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1586310359359.jpg 20200408_132832.jpg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1586318472262.jpg 20200408_140135.jpg 20200408_140143.jpg

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Yes, I agree in terms of professionality!
May I ask which housekeeping boards you did use?
Best regards!
The honey badger boards are a clone made by Juan vargas which I modified slightly when he was teaching me how to use Sprint layout. We both worked together on the main power supply board and the speaker protection boards while he continued to teach me Sprint layout. I then created the soft start board, the Amplifier control board, the ground lift board and the T-GND boards myself. The soft start board is unlikely any other as it first verifies that there is actually a intacted load resistor before it actually being the soft start process.

I also design the case myself.

I guess it's long over due that I check back in here ;) .

I had all my PCBs assembled and ready to go into my 5U deluxe case, and then I tore down my house, and had a kid!

I'm hoping to go through my badger box and figure out what I need to order to finish this up! I know I need some metric hardware, standoffs, and a few other odds and ends. Should I do a slow charge on the PSU caps? They were stored (on the PCB) for approx. 3 years. I only know this because my son just turned 3.

I'm still planning on a 21st century protection as well. Will update as I make progress, which hopefully moves faster than the last 4 years:)

Cheers!

Should I do a slow charge on the PSU caps? They were stored (on the PCB) for approx. 3 years. I only know this because my son just turned 3.

I'm still planning on a 21st century protection as well. Will update as I make progress, which hopefully moves faster than the last 4 years:)

Cheers!

It's a good idea to reform caps that have been sitting around for a while.

We've added some optional bells and whistles to the 21'st century protection system. It can now interface with a front panel display and IR remote control.

It's a good idea to reform caps that have been sitting around for a while.

We've added some optional bells and whistles to the 21'st century protection system. It can now interface with a front panel display and IR remote control.

That's great news! I'm glad to see things evolving! Once I get the HB running, the 21st century protection is next in the list. I'll see what other cool features I can add too.