PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG

A question about switching power on/off with Adafruit Trinket GPIO

Hello all, I have a question about possibility to change mechanical ON/OFF switch with something like Adafruit Trinket GPIO (Pinouts | Introducing Trinket | Adafruit Learning System), using it`s logics. I am trying to add some LED effects when turning on/off and also want to use touch sensitive pad instead of a switch. So, do I have to use some kind or a relay board on Adafruit logic output (like Adafruit Non-Latching Mini Relay FeatherWing ID: 2895 - $7.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits), o a simple transistor could do the thing in this case, to substitute a push button for the H9KPXG?

Thank you and have all the best wishes HO HO HO.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Installed in an F6 - works perfectly :D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    606.5 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 522
another question related to my post #290

In brief I am wiring the on off pads on the H9KPXG to a switch in a separate enclosure. The switch in the separate enclosure will be a relay whose coil will be powered by an iPhone charger (or other wallwort or brick) plugged into the switched outlet on my preamp. (I am building monoblocks and will use one relay to turn both monoblocks on when I turn on the preamp.) I selected this relay: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/653-G7L2ATUBJCBDC6/
In reviewing the conditions for use, I stumbled upon this paragraph:

● Micro Loads
• The G7L is used for switching power
loads, such as motor, transformer,
solenoid, lamp, and heater loads. Do
not use the G7L for switching micro
loads, such as signals.

I will not be using the relay for a signal, but I wonder if that admonition suggests that the relay might introduce noise into my circuit. Does anyone have any thoughts on this (or suggestions for a better relay candidate)?

Thank you very much for any help anyone can provide.

Jazzzman

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Those paragraphs would certainly be enough to scare ME away from using that relay. I would choose a different relay, one whose contacts are intended to switch low voltage, low current, signals. And I probably would select a relay whose coil needs five volts DC to actuate, rather than the (weird) 6V DC requirement of the relay mentioned in post 307. It will be much, MUCH easier to buy and install a 5V power supply than a 6V power supply.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
original meaning of the term "un-start",

You've got ten clicks of Tri Ethyl Borane, ten and only ten. Manage your resources wisely.

_

I needed some time to digest it, and possibly have an answer to this (in the airborne context, or better yet, as a description of what I do... [emoji56])
View attachment 908297 IMG_0580.jpg

Last edited:
Old Dog, New Trick

[special=]%[/special]Hi all!
First off one sincere “Thank You” to Mr. Mark Johnson for all of the time and knowledge that he selflessly invests in these projects …quite inspiring…Thanks for the great present(s) Mark.

Dec. 24th. 2020 sent Gerber’s off to China (PCB_WAY?) & Jan. 04th. 2021 DHL dropped off 15 boards. Twelve days, over the holidays and during a global pandemic no less? Do encourage others to give it a shot. You’re not careful you might learn something and please keep the ball rolling. Note: I used PayPal and DHL which added another $31.00 to the bottom line. 2.0 copper, Red, White screen, etc.

Perchance anyone is interested I’ve 9 boards (per photo) available at $9.87 (my cost) per board plus shipping to where ever you might live. Lower 48 stateside only…Sorry! Drop me a Personal Message if interested details/questions/what-all.

Attachments

• FB11F292-6B77-417E-9E94-161D271AD712_1_201_a.jpg
    FB11F292-6B77-417E-9E94-161D271AD712_1_201_a.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 535
Might be better to mark-up a schematic instead of a detailed text question. It has taken me 20 minutes to find the schematic, find the many SMALL parts listed, and mark them out. What is this, $5 of parts?
PRR, Thanks for taking the time to ID the parts and their location
in the schematic. The entity (fun eh) deleting the parts didn't say
if the board will still work without them. Do they need jumpers,
or other mods for the boards to work with out the parts?

Shame on me, I only perused the schmatic, I should have
studied it.

Cheers,

Post Script--I'd be willing to do an order for the PCBs,
is any one interested?

Hello from Australia. I'm building the soft-start to complete a powered subwoofer design I'm working on. I will have four spare boards in February for anyone interested located in OZ or NZ. In my project I intend to drive the on/off via a PC817 optocoupler. The input to the opto-led will come from the +5v on pin 18 of the HDMI output on my Onkyo 5.1 receiver. Should b easy to add this as an option to the design for those who need that functionality. Moz

PRR, Thanks for taking the time to ID the parts and their location
in the schematic. The entity (fun eh) deleting the parts didn't say
if the board will still work without them. Do they need jumpers,
or other mods for the boards to work with out the parts?

Shame on me, I only perused the schmatic, I should have
studied it.

Cheers,

Post Script--I'd be willing to do an order for the PCBs,
is any one interested?

I'd be interested in PCBs