Long skinny builders thread

These heatsinks are thicker than the Modushop ones, right? So in order to use Modushop pieces we'd need them to make a narrower top and back (and a front with counter-bored holes).

If we think it's likely they'd step up to the plate, then we should definitely drill & tap top and bottom cover holes.

If not, then I'm more on the fence. But I'd still probably come down on the side of drilling & tapping some holes.

I like the F7 PSU best. (It's a decoupled stereo supply; not truly dual-mono, but half-way there.)

I did some boards for it; a couple of folks did group buys. I don't know if they're still any floating around or not.

The regular FirstWatt PSU would also work fine. Or the DIYAudio Universal PSU board.

24V is certainly fine. 25V too. Depending on your heat-sinks, maybe even 28V or 30V.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Reverse Engineered.

J2 is more about the devices than topology. If you have the R100s you probably should build this. The ACP+ heaphone/preamp from this Burning Amp http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_acp.pdf is by Nelson's own words a mini J2 with mosfet outputs.

That said, the topology itself IS rather beautiful sounding and all the builders of ACP+ were very happy with the results! :yes: