LX-mini Crossover Article

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I would like to try a first order xovr setup and would like to know how to do that. I know the high and low sections have 2 pole filters for a 2nd. order implementation, but I am not sure which capacitors or resistors to bypass in each section to accomplish a 6 db/octave filter for both high and low pass sections.
Thanks!
Your question has already been answered (multiple times) earlier in this thread. This thread had been jacked by multiple users who are interested in projects that have nothing to do with the LXmini system.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, FWIW , the DIY Audiostore ad for the Analog Crossover Network does specifically state
Nelson Pass has now posted a MicroCap sim file you can use to create crossover simulations for your own loudspeakers. If you have any questions, please post them in the LX-mini Crossover Article
so perhaps not exactly “jacked”, but a separate sticky thread / tutorial walking a neophyte through that process might not hurt. Any volunteers?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You could always do this...

IMG_2375.jpg

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Your question has already been answered (multiple times) earlier in this thread.
This thread had been jacked by multiple users who are interested in projects that have nothing to do with the LXmini system.
Dave.
While the crossover was originally designed for the LX mini, one reason it's available in bare bones format without the LX specific components is so that you can use it for projects other than the LX mini. Currently this thread serves the needs of everyone using the crossover. If there's a need to split the thread and certainly if there's a definitive guide/post as to how to design the crossover for other systems that should be linked to from the store's info page, and perhaps worthy of its own thread or guide on guides.diyaudio.com. Any contributions welcome!

New thread?

Hello members,
Me and some other forum-members did not want to highjack the LX-minicrossover thread. I understand that there are some different aims. Although the pcbs are the same. ;)

I am completely relaxed and we can open another thread.Perhaps a PASSWORKS AXO custom- thread? Or any other name.

Have a good day!
Dirk

PASSWORKS AXO custom - first run

Hello members,
fired up the PASSWORKS AXO first time today. PSU is at 23,37 V under load. I have some offset at the outputs (between 0,7 to 1,3 mV). Will send some sine waves through it. JFETs at 33 - 37 C (temperature).

Greets,
Dirk

Attachments

• PASS AXO 1st run.jpg
    PASS AXO 1st run.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 897
  • PASS AXO JFET temp.jpg
    PASS AXO JFET temp.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 311
  • PASS AXO Voltage.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 195
  • PASS AXO Voltage offset output.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage offset output.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 184
  • PASS AXO Voltage offset output 3.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage offset output 3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 745
  • PASS AXO Voltage offset output 2.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage offset output 2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 876
  • PASS AXO Voltage 3.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage 3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 878
  • PASS AXO Voltage 2.jpg
    PASS AXO Voltage 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 888
Account Closed
Joined 2001
There's a 10k load resistor on the output caps which should drain any residual, so you should measure essentially zero DC offset.
My board measures about 100 microvolts DC (with no signal present) on all the outputs using my Fluke DVM.

Dave.

Last edited:
Passworks AXO custom - playing music first time

Hello forum members,
the Passworks AXO custom is playing music! I am running it in. Only playing the LOW-output at the moment (50 - 2500 Hz). Waiting for some new loudspeakercable to wire all fully active.
First impressions are very good.

The baby works! Thanks Nelson Pass!

I measured all the values over the resistors and measurepoints described in Nelson Pass article. Everything in the range. Nice! Very nice machine! But all is still on the wooden proto-board. Next step soundcheck - then lets build a case.

Greets
Dirk

Attachments

• PASS AXO playing first music.jpg
    PASS AXO playing first music.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 316
  • PASS AXO playing first music2.jpg
    PASS AXO playing first music2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 300