• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

Most lead acid chargers run at 13.8V, so 27.6V total. That is above the recommended max (26.4V) of this amplifier.
So be very carefull with two lead acids in series.
Their nominal voltage is okay, but their fully charged voltage is dangerous.

I picked up the batteries at a yardsale, guy said they were new, just bought from Amzn and couldnt be returned. I use the charger intended for my electric lawnmower, which also uses two 12V lead acid gel batteries in series.

Just charged them till the green light came on, let them rest overnight. Measuring with my Fluke 87, I see 25.71V. So I'm "in" with this set / charger combo. Unsure if a different charger will take them higher; maybe. I'll have to remember to be careful about that!

So will everyone else attempting to use SLA batteries - unless you pair a 12 with a 6 for a safer 18V ;')

OK so I brought my amp to a new computer. How do I download the current Amp settings into the software??

I think you have to save it previously. Can you check your old comp to see if you did?

One time I built everything up, had it just the way I wanted, loaded it up into the amp. Then pressed the wrong button, didnt realize what I did to cancel - and it loaded up my previously saved settings. Had to do it all over again to save...even though it was loaded up into the amp.

I think you have to save it previously. Can you check your old comp to see if you did?

One time I built everything up, had it just the way I wanted, loaded it up into the amp. Then pressed the wrong button, didnt realize what I did to cancel - and it loaded up my previously saved settings. Had to do it all over again to save...even though it was loaded up into the amp.

Been there ! I wonder if there is any way to download your current amp settings to the software??

I successfully wired up a USB to I2S converter to my AIO4CH. Here's a picture showing the connections - while playing, of course! It's an ebay / aliex PCM2706 board, works for the 44.1 / 48 k stuff. Works using my W10 PC laptop and my rPi 3B running PiCorePlayer.

Attachments

• DSC02908.JPG
    DSC02908.JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
Oh, it allows me to plug the amp into my laptop, or Raspberry Pi, directly instead of using BT. BT worked no problem on both those "player" platforms, I just wanted to try a direct wired connection. I think it sounds slightly better, but who knows - could be just my imagination ;')

No, I'm talking about digital in via the i2s vs the bluetooth module.

I have not experienced a single BT receiver that's been completely glitch-free during playback. If you pay attention you can hear it on just about any BT device, not a like it's very frequent.
I am more sensitive to the time delay, there's also quite a lot of buffering so it's not the best to use when watching a movie or playing a game.

But other than that I guess in the debate of jack vs BT... It's a toss. If you have a noisy source then BT is better because of the isolation. If you have a good quality source with low noise then my vote goes to jack because of lower delay.

Interesting. I read the completed post and there are a lot of good ideas. But I still remain confused.

1. What is the power requirement, 24/36 or more VDC. Is it DC?
2. What is a 2.1 system.
3. Will I require 2 boards to power a 2-way Stereo Speakers and 1 sub-woofer
4. Can I send digital via my Gustard U12 that currently sends digital input to my DAC
5. It has a DAC?
6. I just plug in the speaker.
7. Is there a hook-up diagram?

Sorry for all the questions, I just got totally confused.

Thank you.

Now I have a better idea.

Wired – analogue. That is a shame. Is there anyway of sending via wire (as I do not like Blue Tooth) a digital input to the board.???

It seemed too good to be true.

Another question: What are the 5 pins on the Left hand side of the board for?? The ones sticking up

Last edited: