• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

You have double checked all of your wiring, especially to the speakers?

The two leds functioning suggest the power is ok and you paired your bluetooth device.

check the blue tooth volume at the phone or tablet is set at least midway, and not muted.

turn the rotary volume control a few turns clockwise and maybe go through the pairing process you should here some sound as they pair up.

Did you get the programming lead and if so have you connected that to have a look at how the board is configured.

My 2nd Zoudio powers this.

4 channels happily pushing a pair of these! Running off a pair of 12V lead acid 7-9AH batteries, starting at 25V full charge. After a few hours listening, dropped a whole 0.25V. No hum, noise, ground to the house wiring - it's fully floating, as I'm using the BT from my W10 laptop PC. Spec for the TAS chip (all of them) says 30V absolute max, I assume beyond which the little silicon crystals inside crack due to voltage stress. I'm running so low power, I'm not worried at all about burning anything starting out a volt over 24 -

One aspect of the OBs is that I can be listening at a comfortable level - with a kid sleeping in the room across the hall. Leave my bedroom and nothing in terms of far field sound propagation.

I cant say enough about the sonic clarity of this little amp. I've looked around and it's hard to find an amp with a direct digital signal path to the speaker terminals. They all seem to have to go through a capacitor on the way. The TAS5756, popular in the rPi hat amps, actually brings the DAC out on a pin, where it then goes through a 2.2uf ceramic, then back into the chip. (what were they thinking? Negative feedback from the speaker terminals?) On my Amp 2 hat, it's of course manufactured with the cheapest possible peripheral components, without a second thought given to that particular p-o-s. At 0603 - maybe 0402 - it's hard to modify to put in something better - I wonder how many other little class D amps are made like this? Most of them?

Anyway - happy owner of a 2nd Zoudio, now powering a second system. Really enjoy the purity of the sound - fiddling with the EQ curves to dial it in.

Thanks, Jesse for bringing this out. It's a treat!

Attachments

• DSC02894.JPG
    DSC02894.JPG
    609 KB · Views: 210
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
@walterhw
EQ changes instantly

@superlian
Sorry for the late response to the thread.
Send me an email and I will help you out.

Manufacturing has been difficult lately with all the component shortages going on.
Im busy with setting up manufacturing locally and securing stock.
Also working on new products.

@jjasniew
Thanks for the compliment!

4 channels happily pushing a pair of these! Running off a pair of 12V lead acid 7-9AH batteries, starting at 25V full charge. After a few hours listening, dropped a whole 0.25V. No hum, noise, ground to the house wiring - it's fully floating, as I'm using the BT from my W10 laptop PC. Spec for the TAS chip (all of them) says 30V absolute max, I assume beyond which the little silicon crystals inside crack due to voltage stress. I'm running so low power, I'm not worried at all about burning anything starting out a volt over 24 -

One aspect of the OBs is that I can be listening at a comfortable level - with a kid sleeping in the room across the hall. Leave my bedroom and nothing in terms of far field sound propagation.

I cant say enough about the sonic clarity of this little amp. I've looked around and it's hard to find an amp with a direct digital signal path to the speaker terminals. They all seem to have to go through a capacitor on the way. The TAS5756, popular in the rPi hat amps, actually brings the DAC out on a pin, where it then goes through a 2.2uf ceramic, then back into the chip. (what were they thinking? Negative feedback from the speaker terminals?) On my Amp 2 hat, it's of course manufactured with the cheapest possible peripheral components, without a second thought given to that particular p-o-s. At 0603 - maybe 0402 - it's hard to modify to put in something better - I wonder how many other little class D amps are made like this? Most of them?

Anyway - happy owner of a 2nd Zoudio, now powering a second system. Really enjoy the purity of the sound - fiddling with the EQ curves to dial it in.

Thanks, Jesse for bringing this out. It's a treat!
Careful with Lead acid batteries, I think when fully charged they are actually over 13V each if I am not mistaken.

Oon