• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

I successfully wired up a USB to I2S converter to my AIO4CH. Here's a picture showing the connections - while playing, of course! It's an ebay / aliex PCM2706 board, works for the 44.1 / 48 k stuff. Works using my W10 PC laptop and my rPi 3B running PiCorePlayer.
975576d1629231088-zoudio-aio4ch-4-channel-amplifier-dsp-bluetooth-dsc02908-jpg

I'm sure Joe would post a bit of text to what to search for if you want a compatible digital input module.

I've gone the easy route myself on these, just using the jack or BT for use "on the go".

Thanks KaffiMann - you beat me to it!

What you see there is a cheap PCM2706 module off ebay. I dont see the same one there anymore there, but I do on Alibaba. There's many modules available that take USB in and produce I2S. Unsure if there's something that takes Toslink or coax in and makes I2S signaling. Taidacent Es9023p Aux Analog Output Usb To I2s Iis Converter Raspberry Pi Digital Audio Input Stereo Dac Decoder Board - Buy Dac Board,Raspberry Pi Dac,Usb To I2s Converter Product on Alibaba.com - this looks like a better designed version of the module I used. Price is right to experiment!

I've got an even better USB interface module, along the lines of an "Amanero" on its way with better clock oscillators to install and play with.

I think you can get a digital wired connection to your music source (works with W10 and rPi so far from my experience) setup pretty easily; almost trivial once you've done it.

There's a doc sheet you can get from Zoudio that discusses this connection.

I believe you can connect more than one AIO4CH amplifier boards to the same I2S stream. So you could have a 3-way, with the amps in one board running 4 channel BTL and in the second, 2 channel parallel BTL. As the powersupply voltage remains the same in PBTL, you'd have to have the correct impedance on the woofer speaker to take advantage of the increased current capability of PBTL, to turn that into an increase in Watts of power.

This I have not done. I think you can do it though - BT or not (using external adapter board as above)

Last edited:
Hi KaffiMann & jjasniew

Thank you.

I have a digital audio interface that receives USB from my PC and outputs AEC/Bue (I can never remember the letters) in XLR, another RCA and another HDMI.

If I am lucky, I can put an XLR Female on the amp to receive the AEC/BUE???

What is BTL? The first thing that comes to mind is BLT (Bacon Lettice and Tomato), but I am sure it is not that.

Also, what is PBTL?

I am still curious about the 5-pins on the Left side of the board?

It still seems too good to be true.

Hi Guys,

It is getting quite confusing.

I got an email from Mr Zoudio: he confirmed that it was ONLY digital in from the Bluetooth input.

I am confused. If he is correct, Bluetooth is not a great medium for good fidelity, so I am reserving my judgement. I thought it seemed a like too good to be true.

I did find a AES/EBU to IS2 board with its respective outputs in separate wires. That was good. It is on Taobao – never managed to buy from this site.

You can hack a USB to I2S setup together like jjasniew did, but its not officially supported.
So I would not recommend it if you have limited DIY experience.

The 5 pins on the board are an expansion header with I2C and power pins. Its only used by advanced users that need to hook something external up.

Hi KaffiMann & jjasniew

Thank you.

I have a digital audio interface that receives USB from my PC and outputs AEC/Bue (I can never remember the letters) in XLR, another RCA and another HDMI.

If I am lucky, I can put an XLR Female on the amp to receive the AEC/BUE???

What is BTL? The first thing that comes to mind is BLT (Bacon Lettice and Tomato), but I am sure it is not that.

Also, what is PBTL?

I am still curious about the 5-pins on the Left side of the board?

It still seems too good to be true.
PBTL = pancake bacon lettuce tomato....

[emoji38]

BTL = Btidge tied load (as opposed to connected to ground on one end)

PBTL = Parallel BTL to get more current.

Oon

Despite that Norway and Albania has the most old fashion electrical domestic supply in whole Europe its OK in my house. We had a full upgrade for 14 years ago.

The ticks an pops are there only with Bluetooth. But i can see that i didnt mount any og the two antennas? I will check that first.

>The ticks an pops are there only with Bluetooth. But i can see that i didnt mount any og the two antennas? I will check that first.

Did you plug in the tiny gold connector that take some real force to clip in place?

Unsure if the antenna can be placed (stuck onto) a sheet of metal. Mine are hanging free so far. The back of one chassis I've repurposed has a square cutout, which I covered with apiece of plastic. I'm planning on sticking the antenna to that.

Once connected, I've _never_ had any BT issues with the audio stream. If you didnt plug in the antenna, I can understand the intermittencies.

Hello all,

i am confused with the software.There are 2 physical input channels, but 4 software output channels.

When i have a normal 2.0 setup, is then A/B= left input and C/D= right input?
And when the output should wire to A+/A- and B+/B-, i must use the crossover?

If yes, what means the description "AXO" for crossover and why can i choose instead a filter at this point?

thanks in advance, Christian

Last edited: