• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

I have to wonder, given these components are pressed for audio service - versus something like a switching powersupply which must sustain full current loading indefinitely.

6A? The day my AIO4CH sees that given how I listen - for me, isnt worth heating up the soldering iron for - much less the risk getting all those off the board and replaced successfully.

For @lutkeveld such a part change might encourage more sales, as I suspect most customers want to run the amp BTTW in a party / performance situation. I'm a casual jazz listener with high efficiency speakers!

I have to wonder, given these components are pressed for audio service - versus something like a switching powersupply which must sustain full current loading indefinitely.

6A? The day my AIO4CH sees that given how I listen - for me, isnt worth heating up the soldering iron for - much less the risk getting all those off the board and replaced successfully.

For @lutkeveld such a part change might encourage more sales, as I suspect most customers want to run the amp BTTW in a party / performance situation. I'm a casual jazz listener with high efficiency speakers!

It's 6A peak, but moreover, it is not about that maximum number, but more how linear the inductor is.

Update!

The TAS5825M has been impossible to source lately. I ordered a large reel, so I thought I was safe for the coming months. The sample ICs were working, however the chips from this new reel do not respond to commands at all. I am actively working together with the supplier to find a solution, but my hopes are not high. Even if I get a refund, I am still stuck without chips.

What this means for the near future is that the AIO4CH is out of stock. The downtime will be used to get its succesor ready. The design is already pretty far, the main challenge is getting the bluetooth firmware ready.

The current design is based on the CSRA64215, the new design uses the QCC3031 BT5.0 chipset. There will be free beta hardware available soon for anyone that is willing to help with firmware development.

Other improvements include an onboard programmer, onboard antenna (with the option for an external one) and USB audio streaming.

Meanwhile I will keep an eye out for a reliable source of TAS5825M's. Let's hope some stock comes available in the nearby future so we can get this new board to market soon.

The downtime will be used to get its succesor ready. The design is already pretty far, the main challenge is getting the bluetooth firmware ready.

The current design is based on the CSRA64215, the new design uses the QCC3031 BT5.0 chipset. There will be free beta hardware available soon for anyone that is willing to help with firmware development.

Other improvements include an onboard programmer, onboard antenna (with the option for an external one) and USB audio streaming.

Meanwhile I will keep an eye out for a reliable source of TAS5825M's. Let's hope some stock comes available in the nearby future so we can get this new board to market soon.

Oh, exciting!

Will we get polarity switching in the DSP and optical input as well? :D

I ordered some tas5825m for my projects at mouser in march 2021. I got 15 pieces, the rest has an estimated delivery date on 1st august 2022 :rolleyes:
The situation on the chipmarket is a disaster.

Just to one-up this, I also get ticks and pops on bluetooth only. Not checked the antenna as its all plugged and screwed into my speaker unit, but I remember attaching it properly.

I found this was related to the power supply on my laptop. When removed its fine. Its a cheap apple replica ps, so likely the problem lies there and not in the amp. Just thought I should mention if anyone else has same issue.

Hi,
does anyone know where to buy these white plugs / receptables? I would like to change the audio receptable and LEDs.
Thanks in advance!
Christian

Attachments

• 20211003_170845.jpg
    20211003_170845.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 378
Is it possible to use the amp board without blutooth, only with analogue input, with fixed max volume, and just have a power switch on the DC input cable?

The volume will be adjusted with an ALPS passive line level volume potmeter.

The reason why i ask is that i want a simple solution with no buttons, led lights etc.

You can adjust the volume level it powers up to with the setup software package. I'm pretty sure "Max" is within the adjustment range.

Getting it to power on with just application of DC voltage may not be possible. You could make an external circuit to "trick" it into thinking you did a button press to power it on, a moment after switching up the DC on the input cable. I'm unsure if the amp can do that by itself.

@defo / oon
Optical input is something that is requested more than I thought initially.
It seems to be a feature of the new chipset, so I will certainly try to get it working.
It might not work initially, but then I will at least try to get it supported in hardware
so that it can be enabled later via a software update.

Polarity switching can now be done by swapping your speaker cables :)
But it's certainly possible in software. It's not high on the feature priority list, but it's on there.

@superlian
Use a gain filter in the crossover section

@MKsounds
Yeah it's bad... Let's hope the situation improves next year.

@cheapvega
No plans for both currently. Although the remote control should be fairly easy to implement...
Maybe in the future...

@Katariat
Thank you!

@danb11
Ok, good to know. Power supply choice is indeed pretty important for the end result.

@Christian K
Those are from the JST-PH series. You could make your own version, the pin functions are on the backside of the PCB :)

@superlian
That is possible and has been requested before.
I have a version that auto-enables at startup, send me an email and I will send you a copy.
Start/max volume can be set via the configtool.

AIO438 announcement

As is known, the AIO4CH is currently out of stock.
The downtime has been used to work on its successor, the AIO438.

The AIO438 is based around the same amplifier chip as the AIO4CH but adds a list of improvements:
1) Upgrade to BT5.0
Improves the sound quality, range and power consumption.

2) Onboard antenna
Ideal for compact installations. Connecting an external antenna is still possible.

3) Onboard USB-C port
This can be used to reprogram the DSP and to stream USB audio, which is possible at the same time. This removes the need for external programmers.

4) Improved configuration tool
Easier to use with faster upload speed and a more robust data transfer protocol. The beta version has been send out quite some time ago, and the feedback is good. Currently it is released with a limited feature set. The version with a full feature set will be released together with the AIO438.

The website is currently offline to prepare the pre-order page. The amplifier will be released with the same functionality as the AIO4CH minus the TrueWirelessStereo function.

For those interested, there will be a developer software package available, which allows developers to access the firmware of the bluetooth module. There are multiple features that are nice to have (SPDIF, TWS), but too time intensive to include at the release date. Hopefully with the help of other community members we can expand the BT functionality over time and release the updates to other users.

The amplifier will start to ship on the 10th of januari in order of payment.
The price for the amplifier including wiring kit will be 99.95€ excluding VAT.
More updates will follow as development progresses.

Attachments

• aio438 render.jpg
    aio438 render.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 217