• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As promised, the packing is progressing nicely but is a lot of work. You can see how carefully the pieces are packed in foam and strapping and then a nice box and then strapped on the outside.

View attachment 1198338
View attachment 1198339
View attachment 1198340

Folks should be receiving tracking numbers soon.
Yup. It looks just like that. Took a minute to get it pulled in the door. Box doesn't appear to have any damage whatsoever to it.

I guess first order of business is to fish out the bass section parts and decide where to glue and clamp it.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Un boxing, it took a hit somewhere, few things broken loose, all the L shaped corners were loose in box. But, because of all of the protective
padding inside, nothing was damaged. Looks like it must have been dropped on one end. Excellent packing job!

Russellc

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have started. By the way, those inexpensive clamps you put a link to seem just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_120923204_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230827_120923204_HDR.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 85
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have both bass units assembled. Have been sanding edges of all the parts, then filler, sand smooth.

I figure to attach the front panel next, I think that will be logical order, it will determine that faceplate is properly aligned, then base can be attached, clamped so it is perfectly perpendicular, not "tilted" in either direction.

More sealer and sanding, then prime and paint.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ready to put wings on. Guide holes for screws on same side all 4 pieces, so wrong side for 2. No big deal, I just drilled a tiny hole all the way through. There is a slight bowing to the wings, so that if top and bottom are flat to the edge of face plate. The bow takes it a little beyond the edge. Careful placing of the long square piece will hold it even once wing is screwed to it

Bubba

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Are you going to leave screws exposed, or fill and sand?

The long square pieces that the wings screw to will require careful placement. Once I get it positioned at the top, I will put a screw through, then pivot the piece down a screw it as well, at least temporarily. Hopefully this effort will result in the wings edge fitting flush to edge of face plate, all the way down. This assumes the long square piece is straight and if not, I will have to find a method to attach it so it is.

Bubba