• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I used 16ga double zip cord lamp wire for the parallel connection to the pairs of woofers and 16ga red/black wire for the mid and 20ga red/black double wire for the tweeter. I crimped all connections with Faston terminals. I may have used some twist wire nuts for the final series to parallel connections.
1696336467986.jpeg

1696336032095.jpeg

Here is woofer wiring diagram:
1696336062234.png

I tidied up the wires with zip ties and stick on anchors and connected to XO board at the bottom:
1696336166101.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Returning to amp, heatsinks drilled and tapped. Mosfets mounted, and boards mounted to them. Transformer mounted, cap boards as well. Need rectifiers, then wire it up.

At same time, I need to wire speakers, which are assembled with exception of mounting wings, hole drilled just need appropriate screws. Hoping to be done with both by November, we will see.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
At least I can put up most of the tools and vacuum. I will have to drill a few more holes, 4 on each speaker cabinet for wiring the four driver pairs together. There will be a little drilling to mount the feet I want to use. rest is wiring and mounting binding posts. Amp only needs rectifiers and wired up.

Russellc

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Earlier in this thread here. But I’ll repost below. Cost of walnut veneer plywood flat pack is $750 ($600 for plain birch veneer plywood). UPS shipping in CONUS is $150. Pickup in Texas available to save on shipping. It is possible to ship to EU for circa $150 using shipping forwarder - described earlier in thread.

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8767.jpeg

Once you oil it the color comes out much deeper:
IMG_8768.jpeg

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I will say the sets come in great condition. My box looks like it got dropped on one end where everything got knocked loose, but no damage due to all they foam padding the used.

Parts fit great. It is a large heavy box. I was able to drag it in the front door by myself.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Got a bit more work in this weekend. Drilled holes to allow woofer pairs to be wired together, wires installed, remounted woofers. Crossovers ready, just need to decide on wire for mid and tweeter. Then, the other speaker. Slowly getting it done.

Russellc

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!
I had the package delivered to Sweden a few weeks ago.
I used Jetcarrier.com as the carrier. They took the package by boat to Norway and lorry to Sweden. The transport cost was 190USD but then VAT 190USD was added.
I had dowels so it was easy to get the parts to fit.
IMG_0091.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It’s a simple speaker but lots of wire connections. You are close!
Yes, there sure is! Waiting on crimp stuff. Got the tools delivered, but the connectors are still in bound. Using them for wiring here, and on amplifier project too. It uses the big puck mosfets with the 4 screw terminals on top, and the rectifiers are also pucks with same screw setup. Thats a total of 24 fasteners that will need crimped on the amp alone. That I can think of. Likely others too.

Russellc

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks! My spool of all copper 16ga clear jacketed speaker wire just came today. I didn’t want to use ordinary black and red wire as it sort detracts from the visuals when next to the wood. I’ll try to get one speaker wired up today.

Looking at the woofer wiring diagram:
1701695275607.png

Each driver pair is in parallel (4ohms) with the one with magnet facing in set to reverse polarity. Two sets are then wired in series (8ohms). Those two series are then paralleled (4ohms). Or P4/S2/P2 for 4ohms nominal.