• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Joined 2003
Paid Member
About ready to add wings, going over all the edges with filler and sanding smooth. Screws to mount the drivers should arrive from parts Express today. Looking at the woofer wiring. Don't want to mess this up!

Nice to at least have them standing up like speakers!

Back to drilling heat sinks for the XA 252. Just read about a member here using it on a pair of Theil speakers very well. They apparently go very low in resistance, 2 ohms or so, average 5.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have one speaker full of woofers, 4 in the other one. This is just drilling and driver fitting. It will all be undone, bass unit drilled for wiring, final fill and sand. First paint followed by fine sanding. This will be a satin finish not a gloss. Then the feet will be mounted.

Then reassembled. Yeah I'm not fooling myself. I will trash wire them for a listen!

I also have all the stripping in place that the wings screw into, and the wing's guide holes drilled through. Also got the tweeter mount hole drilled in faceplate.

Need to go to hardware store and get appropriate screws to match threads in wave guide. Mount tweeter in waveguide and mount that assembly on front panel. Need some nice screws to attach wings to the stripping.

Bubba

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
hoping that you are taking pictures and plan to post them, my mind can only conjure up a hazy likeness ;) . I have the XA252 enroute too - looking forward to your report of the pairing with XSD..dB
I still need to drill the heatsinks for the big mosfet pucks. While heatsinks are off.I need to drill for feet and large transformer. Once boards are mounted, this will go much faster!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A thing or two with assembly.

I suggest buying a couple extra woofers. Have mine all fixed with the vibration killing stuff and all installed, but I put a Phillips head screwdriver through the surround on two of them. Fortunately I had 4 extra...

.. particularly vexing after taking time to stick the anti vibration stuff to.

The other thing is the peel back gasket for the tweeter/Waveguide. The short button head screw isn't quite long enough to engage the threads. There are s few small bolts holding tweeter together that press against the pad. I cut on the gasket to give clearance, and the screws were just long enough.

Bubba

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Oh well, they installed with cuts I made, I guess it matters not, so that's good! And a few pics:

Russellc

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_161708715.jpg
    IMG_20230924_161708715.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20230924_161728418.jpg
    IMG_20230924_161728418.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230924_161720181.jpg
    IMG_20230924_161720181.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20230919_183522906.jpg