Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

very small, one already flew away from tweezer, impossible to find. So anybtips on how to solder this easily? Thanks.

I have found that "painting" on a little paste flux to the pads on the board will cause the parts to stick nicely enough to nimbly touch down with the iron and a bit of solder whilst holding the part firm with some tweezers. Worked awesomely when I recently made Norwood boards, from M2X.

Last edited:
Anyone still after Dual Rail PSU boards that don't mind the silkscreen being a little screwed up. Drop me a PM. They are discounted because of this error. I have got the fab house to make another batch but that will be another few weeks. Physical board size which I measured is 219mm x 94mm.

I also have Single rail positive boards too for anyone interested which are approx 170mm x 70mm

Last edited:
Hum!

Looked into this topic in this thread but did not find it. Offset at 0v in both channels. Replaced the ba-3 board in my linestage using the Salas v1.3 bipolar powe supply set at 24/-24v., both channels produce music but there is a loud hum in both. I wonder what could I have done wrong. I guess it has to do with a ground issue, a lot of ps wiring from the ps board, etc,. maybe too many “grounds” what should I look for? I am including a photo of the connection setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 802