VSSA Circlotron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
x

by inserting positive fbck(bootstrap) on input JFET`s drains you got max. gain with minimum thd , I think that if you supply input JFET stages from separate B+ line than cascode can help very much perfomance wise , but maybe bootstrapped cascode input stage is even better performer ?

for the moment bad performance...

circlotron1.5A.png

circlotron1.5A.asc

Last edited:
What would you like to achieve?
The main purpose of the cascode is to establish a low drain-source voltage, while the voltage amplification is being carried out by a common-base amplifier. The thermal situation of Q3, Q4 can be worrisome. I would connect R19 and R25 to ground.
I am having difficulty suggesting appropriate bias currents at 35 V supply voltage.

X

I like the results , THD spectrum is so incredible clean ,
few question ,
- what is the OPS- IQ ( bias current) ?
- it is possible to make sim of 19Khz+20Khz at full output power blast ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
for long time I don`t visit that site anymore .

x

you can also check this variant for connecting VAS emiters on oposite B+(AC) side ( VAS full bootstrap) , as is basically done by Juma`s circlotron amp , but than maybe you will need to change the values of some resistors to get best amp performance .

edit , in this variant you can also try to connect R6/R14 on the ground line , not as is shown on the output lines .

Attachments

• circlotron1.4A.png
    circlotron1.4A.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.