Upgrade output Shanling CD-S100 MkII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ok ZM,

WOW...that looks good, I'll redo the PCB so i can test after returning from the Azores....luckily i got a bag full of BCs.

Steenoe, ....everything clicks into place when it has to.....your baby came of age just when i needed it !

Of course i have to thank Tony and Manu for so much work on a very well designed and compact PCB.

:cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi ZM,

After a week in the Azores ...didn't go too well work wise, i got back and have to contend with end of year project summing up......:-(

Anyway, i'm not idle in the important stuff...ie: I/V for my Shanling.

I'm waiting to have the Boards for the Toole Reg this weekend and i'm finishing the PCB design for the I/V ( last schematic ).

I'll be running some tests with the Toole Reg power supply this weekend and hope to do tests with the final scematic by the following weekend.

The little shop that makes my prototype boards takes a week to make them.

I'm also waiting for a USB osciloscope that Steen recomended so i can have a look at the output signal....i suspect i have some hf junk in with the signal, which should not be there when i put the 10u coupling caps and take away the 47u silks.

....as for the osciloscope....i did extensive searching and the one Steen recomends is indeed the sensible one.

Pity i can't have diferential inputs and integrated signal generator on same box......that would be perfect.

Diferential probe is ......expensive and the model with 4 diferential inputs does not have a signal generator.....................:xeye:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is the schematic

Attachments

• schematic_small.jpg
    schematic_small.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 335
Joined 2006
Paid Member
ok....changed PS for the circuit;

inserted the 10R 3900uF as per last schematic ( didn't have the 2200uF ).

Well......WOW!

Got all the bass i need and then some.

What a change! sound is still clean as is sound stage definition but now all the bass is there.

Can hardly wait for the Toole Reg boards and final PCBs for the schematic.

Great sound.......tks ZM ( it's not finished i know ).

:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
CeeVee said:
ok....changed PS for the circuit;

inserted the 10R 3.9uF as per last schematic ( didn't have the 2.2uF ).

Well......WOW!

Got all the bass i need and then some.

What a change! sound is still clean as is sound stage definition but now all the bass is there.

Can hardly wait for the Toole Reg boards and final PCBs for the schematic.

Great sound.......tks ZM ( it's not finished i know ).

:D

;)

regarding Toole regs - let them bleed HEAVY !!

then you'll have sound

Joined 2006
Paid Member
...note edit on my last post....i'm using a 3900uF Rubicon cap not 3.9uF!

also i changed the PS i was using on speaker filter box for a Borberly all fet Absolute reg.

That also adds to cleaner more realistic sound.....I'm listening to Eric Johnson live.......WOW.

I'm there !

;)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
you are provoking me........to be sure i will.....UGS has fast diodes in PS but otherwise its very much meat and potatoes in that area.
(talking about external PS ofcourse )
;)

..No not Borberly's newest.....i bought this one by mistake ( lucky me) but i'm finishing another one by Per Anders ( shunt reg fan...like me ) which should be the business as well.

...and you know i got Shunty waiting in the wings for your Pumpkin....hehe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.