• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Universal tube preamp PCB, ECC99/6N6P/ECC88/ECC85/6922/6DJ8 etc. MU follower or SRPP

I have three PCB's to share for just the shippingcost. If interrested send me a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_134414.jpg
    IMG_20220813_134414.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 194
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Koifarm,
Your pcb design is sounding very good as my AD1862 dac output stage configured for SRPP with 6n6p tubes and a linear psu.
I had high hopes for the imported little SMPS but it didn’t work out. I was getting an audible low frequency warbly tone plus higher frequency noise heard from the tweeters. I swapped out the SMPS and replaced with a regulated linear HV/LV supply and voilà!! Dead silent background and sounds very good to my ears :spin:.
Thanks again Koifarm!

Attachments

• 51D8F933-DC53-474A-85BE-63CC7D822960.jpeg
    51D8F933-DC53-474A-85BE-63CC7D822960.jpeg
    550.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 6C820378-C95F-4BE8-912C-D673D7205734.jpeg
    6C820378-C95F-4BE8-912C-D673D7205734.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 369
Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Good news indeed Gary :).
I’ve got a few answers for ya…
Your correct, 21mm socket pin diameter. The resistors were all in my stash, no PRP’s in 120R but had Takman carbon films in that value.
The PSU board HV section is based on a Maida circuit with a few nice options and the LV section uses schottky diodes and LDO MIC29502 to enable 6.3vdc from a 6.3vac trafo winding.
This supply works nice, I purchased the pcb several years ago from a guy in the States that has since disappeared.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Good news indeed Gary :).
I’ve got a few answers for ya…
Your correct, 21mm socket pin diameter. The resistors were all in my stash, no PRP’s in 120R but had Takman carbon films in that value.
The PSU board HV section is based on a Maida circuit with a few nice options and the LV section uses schottky diodes and LDO MIC29502 to enable 6.3vdc from a 6.3vac trafo winding.
This supply works nice, I purchased the pcb several years ago from a guy in the States that has since disappeared.

Was the board from hvforless on ebay? I picked up some of his MIC29502 LV filament boards, but never managed to snag his maida + LV boards before he disappeared. I did however manage to find the schematic and might whip some up.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Great! I actually have the schematic all drawn up in KiCad a few weeks ago, I have the original BOM, dimensions, pictures of the board and the track layout, so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll get back at it tomorrow and report back with progress.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Absolutely! Once I have something presentable tomorrow I'll get a new thread going and let you know. I figure there will be maybe some back and forth, modifications, tweaks, etc, but I plan to keep gerbers and everything available to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely! Once I have something presentable tomorrow I'll get a new thread going and let you know. I figure there will be maybe some back and forth, modifications, tweaks, etc, but I plan to keep gerbers and everything available to everyone.
I did a version of this that I'm happy to share the KiCad project with you if it would be of any help to you. The PCB design is done, but I never had it made to test to ensure everything will work. I guess I was holding back to try and see if I could fit everything into the magical 100mm x 100mm. :)