The diyAudio First Watt M2x

Have a quick look at post #3355 of the Official M2 thread. Each of the amplifier channel boards ramps up its current sloooooooowly, as (R6 and R7) charges capacitor C3. The asymptotic final value after hundreds of seconds, is Vfwd_Q5_LED / (R13 series R14) which is around 1.3 amperes per channel for the push pull MOSFETs. Then add the worst case (biggest possible) Input Stage supply current. One point three something amperes per channel.

_
I’ll add to this statement that anyone building any of Nelson’s designs should always read his extremely well written manual before starting: the manuals are fun and very informative.

Reactions: 1 user
I forgot to do the mods and couldn’t get my offset under 300mv.

I took 6l6’s recommendation and added a 332k ohm resistor in parallel with R6.

This fixed my issue and dialed both sides within 10mv!

Attachments

• EBDAF623-F260-4DB8-A2EA-1FD6F4C58B6A.jpeg
    EBDAF623-F260-4DB8-A2EA-1FD6F4C58B6A.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2013
Paid Member
Any chance someone has 2 extra HA9P5002-5z or 9z Ops Amps for the Norwood IPS? I have looked everywhere and even ordered both from Win Source who said they had 10,000+ of each version. Only to get an email on both orders telling me they have sold out and have no idea when they will get more back in stock. Mouser and Digi-Key both say Mid to Late 2023 for any stock. My mistake, but I ordered all the other parts needed from Mouser when I got order confirmation email from Win Source - only to get sold out email 24 hours later.

PM me and we can work out the details. Thanks.

My external power is complete, proving my metalworking skills aren't improving with time :) The IEC/DC parts worked well.

I'm measuring a 0.3V difference in rail voltage between sides (+/- 23.2 vs +/- 23.5). Is that unusual? I've never run dual-mono before; so I have nothing to compare with.

It sounds fantastic. M2x is my all-time favorite. I'm looking forward to trying the other input buffers!

IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg
IMG_4121.jpg