QUAD 63 (and later) Delay Line Inductors

I am building a bal to se converter board as an add-on to the 1:1000 HV attenuator, that I plan to use to record long term levels when playing music, for interest in clipping behaviour.
Maybe that can be used to analyze .wav files played?
(I made a bad mistake on the 1st board so waiting for Eurocircuits to deliver the corrected version).

Jan
Hi Jan,

With all your perfect equipment, do you also have acoustic recording gear ?
This is the only and final test that reveals the performance of the complete set.
I have a calibrated condenser microfone that I could lend you for the purpose.
And with Arta you can get all graphs that might be relevant like FR, THD, IMD and whatever.

Hans

P.s. Unfortunately because of a recent computer crash I lost all my acoustic measurements.

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Hans,

that's terrible. As Jan indicate it might be possible to recover the disk. You can perhaps do it yourself by connecting it to another computer and try to see if some of the disk tools are able to repair and recover at least some the data.

Mogens

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe I should explain my solution for such events. I pay $ 10 a month to M$ for the privilege to use the full M$ Office suite. That comes with a 1TB online storage in OneDrive.
I have 4 computers (don't ask) and all have the same file structure and user name. That complete file structure is also on OneDrive.
The result of this is that all my user files are stored in the OneDrive cloud and are automagically updated to each computer whenever I switch it on.
Also, all user files are all in the exact same place on each computer so I can navigate on all exactly the same, it's like having just one computer.
You can set OneDrive to keep your files in the cloud only, or also local (on a file basis or a folder basis).
In one computer I have a larger harddrive and all user folders are set on that computer to 'keep a local copy'.
So I have the very robust backup system of OneDrive (with 3 historical copies maintained) as well as a local copy of everything on one computer.

I never loose anything. YMMV.

Jan

Reactions: 1 user
+1
I'm a long time user of the MS Cloud. Its UI is still quirky, but it's way better than most other clouds on the market. 10 bucks/month buys you the Family Edition for up to 6 people with 1TB ea., and the full Office suite. OneDrive automatically makes 3 copies of each item under its jurisdiction, so the chance of mishap is very contained.

I make Images on a weekly base containing everything, OS, Programs and Data.
In case of a catastrophy all I have to do is to Restore this image.
So, I have an Image containing everything.
Problem this time is that one 4KB block in the Image file of 350GB seems to be corrupted . I have asked Paragon, the software suplier, for help to restore whatever is still restorable, but so far no response. Grrrrrrr!

Hans

Sheldon, Just took a Look at your website, made me jealous:D
Your workshop looks so clean and tidy, in I had a place like that I am pretty sure it would look a lot different......
Thanks, It's not all that elaborate, but it's a nice comfortable well lit place for me to putter about. I can't really ask for more than that.

I do have a manager that keeps me on task:

1670296654897.jpeg

He does have a tendency to sleep on the job, though:

1670296747806.jpeg

Sheldon

Reactions: 2 users
I finally got an answer from Paragon, the image software supplier.

“According to the developpers, this behavior might actually be a bug in the product. Similar issue is reported to have been fixed in upcoming update.
We’ll keep you posted.”

So when you think to have taken all precautions to stay safe whatever might happen ……..

Hans

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi guys, can I resurrect this fine thread?

Does anyone here know at what frequency the output of an ESL63 moves to the two bass panels?
I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations from the values in Hans' spice model and got around 250Hz.
Does that sound plausible?

I tried to do some measurements on the sim model looking at the currents through the various panel sections but got some confusing results.

Jan

Reactions: 1 user