QUAD 63 (and later) Delay Line Inductors

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No I also demo'd the set. Maybe Holger missed that.
There were others taking pictures. I will check.
The presentation should eventually be on line but it may be restricted to ETF participants.
It was a nice event, interesting speakers (mechanical and human), and a great venue, an old castle.
What I found less interesting was dragging the large ESLs up 24 steps of stairs ;-)

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A few pics of my setup.

Jan

Attachments

• etf1.jpg
    etf1.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 106
  • etf2.jpg
    etf2.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
One hour of work, and the coil board was taken out, checked, and reinserted - problem still persists. Another listening test with a signal generator indicates it is the panel on the top of the speaker,....

See attached picture, I checked the DC resistance of all coils in series (only one half shown) and tried to see if rattling them would cause a change, but nothing happened. All coils measured 3.1 ... 3.2H (measured with a PEAK LCR meter at 1kHz).

So, as ESL63 and others said, its the panels, not the coils. Thanks a lot anyway for the help!

Attachments

• coil lumped resistance.jpg
    coil lumped resistance.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 49
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Jan-I see you have absorbing panels behind the quads. They help a lot. An important trick I have discovered- arrange the panels to reflect from Quad to the other panel. You get several benefits. First the reflections don't go back through the quad directly. Second you get two stages of absorption and its basically free.