Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

A few weeks ago I made a little stability test (check pics) for your fun....

Let me show you something else from those extrusions.

Patrick

Attachments

• 29.JPG
    29.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 1,335
  • 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,333
F5 finished this week. More info in this other thread. More photos in higher resolution here. Includes soft start and speaker protection (DiyAudio store) and some custom designed and 3D printed brackets!

49879243017_3b072c7069_b.jpg

49878934811_00a5e9ef34_b.jpg

49878934636_ec2956d95b_b.jpg

49879245712_fdc2e77d4a_b.jpg

49879245397_ff446ac4cd_b.jpg

amazing work. what is the correct size for those fast on connectors that you have used on the ground loop breaking rectifier diode bridge? i am building one but the connectorsd that i have are the wrong size?

to EUVL / Patrick #5241/5242

Hello Patrick,

cool idea to use those aluminum extrusions/profiles to build a kitchen. ;)

I made a workbench out of these. But you can use those profiles in so many ways.

Your idea to build an amp as an electrostatic driver is very interesting.
Very high voltage necessary - not for all do-it-yourselfers? :rolleyes:

Greets
Dirk

amazing work. what is the correct size for those fast on connectors that you have used on the ground loop breaking rectifier diode bridge? i am building one but the connectorsd that i have are the wrong size?

I selected terminal connectors by using a caliper to measure the blades (this was my first build and I didn't know what I was doing). My diode bridges have blades that are ~6.2mm x ~0.8mm so I chose 250 Faston and they seem perfect. I had to use 2 other sizes for this build, as well as ring terminals. The smaller sizes were for the IEC inlet ground (110 Faston) and the power switch (187 Faston).

I still haven't been able to find an economical way to buy star washers for the chassis ground! Seems like I can buy a cheap small bag and then pay $$$ for shipping, or buy a giant kit of multiple sizes for $$$ and free shipping. I just need like 2 of them! :)

Last edited:
I agree... that shat is art. ;) The generic case doesn't do it justice... I suggest you get some glass or something so you can see in the biatch.

Thanks! I don't mind not seeing the guts and I actually wanted it to be really simple and understated outside (why I picked the black faceplate). I kind of like that in some amps (e.g. Yamaha A-S1000, Sansui AU-717) they hide some really nice craftsmanship inside that most people never see.

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't mind not seeing the guts and I actually wanted it to be really simple and understated outside (why I picked the black faceplate). I kind of like that in some amps (e.g. Yamaha A-S1000, Sansui AU-717) they hide some really nice craftsmanship inside that most people never see.

I've been thinking of doing an amp in a glass or plastic case... some cool lighting on various components. I salvaged a huge Plexi table top that is begging to be made into a case. I'm going to let the idea simmer and maybe take it on this winter.

The amp looks great, maybe make a plexi top for it just for when us audiophiles, whatever that is, get together. An amplifier lap dance, look, but no touchy. :D

Just another P1.7 finished.:):)

It sounds marvelous, live, it makes me smile.

Looks nice. I see the red pre-amp with DIL8 IC's (RIAA ???) PCB's, feeding the second pre-amp stage PCB's (green) which, what it seems, could drive 100dB-efficiency speakers straight, without a need of an output amp:)

Do you have more details on this P1.7? I can not find any information on the net..? Just curious... I'd like to see the schematics just to know what we are talking about here...

Last edited: