Is There a smallish prosound tapped horn 35-80hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, for $158 per cab (4 pieces) you might wonder :magnify: : handles, grill, plugs, casing, paint and container shipment from China to USA and still able to make profit :scratch2: Does that leave 10$ for the driver???
Depends on how much they paid the employees:mad:.

Minimum wage in Santa Fe is now $9.85 per hour, at 40 hr per week that is $1576 per month.

Minimum wage in Chongqing is $108.55 per month.

Global economics are a bizarre thing.

With material costs as they are here, finished products from China are cheaper than anything I can build, even if I consider my labor at a Chongqing wage.

Art

where did Reminence go?

Iv'e been doing a bit of searching around for decent priced 12" woofers that might work in a TH and have found something that looks interesting. It's the Pioneer TS-W308D4. They can be bought in Australia for around $230 a pair including postage. Here is the spec:

main.php

Iv'e got some wood left over from a previous project and would consider a build if it would work?

col.

There is also more information on the Ande website. Some of their drivers look similar to Eminence. I'm guessing that they are copies based on these designs. ÉîÛÚÊа²µÄÒôÏìÉ豸ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
Thanks Col, looks like the Australian distributor didn't copy the specs right. Btw, I don't see any resemblance with Eminence besides they look like speakers ;).

Anyway a new hornresp input based on the manufacurer's specs gives a different view. The difference sits in the BL value. This LB15-1 driver seems to work great in Martinsson's THAM or indeed the Cubo15 for instance. Anyway, Ande seems to develop interesting drivers for TH's.

Jbell_SS15_Ande_LB15-1_2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.