Is There a smallish prosound tapped horn 35-80hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
we probably have the whole range of jbl but i can see the gt0, gti, gt5, series's :) what ones are ideal?

checking... The little gto804 is a bang up driver in a small FLH or TH cabinet... There are a few of the larger ones that like TH's as well. Let me run through the list and see what looks promising... maybe something for the small 12" cabinet???

Got what you need.... can you get the single coil 4ohm GTO1014 cheap?

Goes to 35hz, needs 30hz highpass. stays within xmax at 350watts.

Attachments

• cutecabwithjbl.JPG
    cutecabwithjbl.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Yep the GTO1014 is $140 in a quick search.

If I can justify the increase in cost of wood I think I would much prefer to go with the ss15 build, so what jbl is best suited for that? keep in mind I set aside a lot more money than $140 for a driver from america so a more powerful one is preferred.

Yep the GTO1014 is $140 in a quick search.

If I can justify the increase in cost of wood I think I would much prefer to go with the ss15 build, so what jbl is best suited for that? keep in mind I set aside a lot more money than $140 for a driver from america so a more powerful one is preferred.

$140 holy cow -- that is double the price in the US... I can get them for $70. See if you can get them cheaper... If so... build 8....

I'm partial to more boxes with good drivers, than fewer boxes with uber drivers. I'll go through the list, but I don't remember a jbl 15 that is a drop in replacement in the ss15.

can you get alpine or kicker as well?

Last edited:
Buying drivers in Australia is a painful (to the wallet) exercise. There really isn't much to choose from that isn't overly priced. We are limited to hunter/gathering cheap poor quality noname brands on ebay or using one of the exclusive distributors with high mark up. If you buy from the U.S. the best shipping prices are madisound and PE. It's often cheaper to buy from the U.S. even with the shipping.

TH?
If you look to the dimensions it would be a 118Litres cab. But the pictures show a cab that is smaller at the back so 100 litres max seems to be more realistic. Not exactly the volume for a TH optimised for PA.
The DSL TH Mini is 117.8 liters, it is optimized for small PA use that does not require extended bass, +/- 3dB from 45-160 Hz.

Lots of small PAs only need to get the kick drum up to the level of the stupid loud bass and guitar players ;).

Not saying this cheap thing compares to a Mini, but who knows anymore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.