IR2113 blowing ! help needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi lindomar,
I don't know as well how to draw pcbs for class d amp !

maybe that's the reason why there are some overshoot !

I won't give the file because it's in beta testing and costed me 6*IRF4227 and 3*IR2113 so make your own board and let's share experience...that's the way it should go...
Fredos gave his experience, I gave mine also and it's up to the community right now ;-)
it was hundreds hours of work...
Bye.

You are right. And control is also can be difficult because of the EMI. But I would like to try it anyway. My PCB seems should be redesigned because of the large loop area around the IGBTs and the current measuring resistor. But at least I saw the 8 mm output track on the secondary side working like a smoking oven. :)
I afraid of using a transformer with fixed duty cycle. The leaking inductance between the primary and secondary coil drastically limit the output current if there is a little difference between the rectified secondary and the capacitor's voltage. So the output voltage will fluctuate fairly with load. There is an alternative method to eliminate the coil at secondary, but it needs more transistors and control.
Why don't you use 100% duty cycle and achieve soft-switching?

I remember to 3F3 that it has optimal frequency at about 400 kHz. Do you use frequencies over 100 kHz? Or is it because of the special winding technique? :) Now, with multilayer winding I think the optimal fSW is around 50 kHz. But my opinion is not authoritative.
A few years ago I bought TX63/38/25-3F3 toroids, because I calculated the full ring winding length enables to make the winding in one layer. Is this the way you are going on?

Hi unicproaudio

yes it works !

this inversion has been made to compensate the 180°phase shift...
look at fredos 1200 power stage and crest power stage and you'll see one inverts signal and the other don't.

I use Fredos front end and feedback loop with crest power stage so i had to invert these pins to compensate this phase shift...

don't panic it works ! and works great !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.