IR2113 blowing ! help needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new Crest CD3000 Class-D amp output stage

Current steering schottkys used in series with output mosfets to prevent the mosfet body diode issues during high dv/dt && di/dt..

Current sensing is done on both upper and lower rails of mosfet half bridge.....

High Side features a p-channel mosfet to prevent the failure of IR2110 in case of negative transients and also in case of mosfet failure...

Attachments

• new crest.jpg
    new crest.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,720
Baldin said:
Wow ... thats a big MosFet .... and fast too :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Must get me some of those;)

APT is now Microsemi[its not a merger but a takeover]
Unfortunately APT parts are now very difficult to get in our region...

Meanwhile, Does any body know how to take care of Mosfet Body Diode issues apart from using Series Schottkys....

I have seen on older crest schematics, they use centre tapped inductors [200nH]in series with mosfets, in order to ADD a little offset and thus enable the additional fast recovery diode to deal with free-wheeling current...

Which one is better way.....Series Schottkys or series Inductors

Which one is better way.....Series Schottkys or series Inductors
imho,
if body diode is very fast, no problem;
if body diode is causing some current peaks, coil (magnetic snubber) helps...
if body diode is big + very slow, it never should be active, so ser.+par. diodes needed

btw the APT50M65B2LL is fast, 19ns turn on, but diode is 680ns turn off !!!!!
so no way for fast switching, if diode becomes active...

A picture says 1000 words...
here it is what I meant to say

Series Schottkys [presently I am using it but its costly]or Series Inductors[low cost alternative only if viable]

All bigger mosfets have got slower inherent body diodes

Attachments

• bdi.jpg
    bdi.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,339
Or in this state: We found a structure with any order of error correction can be realizable with Ts/2 time delay for input signal to output, so feedback may also be realizable. The simulations show working with 24 bit precision arithmetic.
Have you completed your topology?

Attachments

• simout2.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 492
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.