IR2113 blowing ! help needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have some kind of problem. My supply is not much more powerful then amp, so its voltage is flocculating. So at some supply voltage that is lower than idle, amp starts to put only +Vcc on output and stays there if current is goint to load. If I remove load and reconnect it, it work normaly on. What to do?

Over Current

You only need negative side sensing. When current flow into positive side, you get a current image trought the recovery diode...
Fredos

Hi Fredos,
This does not provide fast over current protection, correct? You have to wait until after the FET shuts off and by then it could be dead. I guess this is for an average overcurrent "slower" event?

Thanks

I found my IRS2092 ran hot with 4227's.

I used instead a proper class d moseft irfb4019 and with these it ran cold.
The input capacitance is also quite a bit less with the 4019.

The 4019 manages 17 amps so is not lightweight.

With my class d amp using the 2113 i used a diode in parallel with a 56R resistor so the mosfet switches off faster than it switches on.
This worked very well for me. It effectively emulates deadtime and stops shootthrough.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.