Hypex DSP module(s)

Sorry, that was not intended with the post in any case. I see it more as a win-win situation. Currently, there is no one who offers a complete case kit for the Hypex DLCP. With such a kit, the number of DIY Hypex customers will increase. This can also be seen in the NCore NC400 modules, for which Hypex has been offering a housing for a while. More customers -> more investment in better software and new capabilitie.

Can someone help me to figure out how to wire DLCP powered with SMPS-DLCP with SMPS400 and UCD400OEM in order to use its standby functions?

When I power-up SMPS-DLCP from mains the DLCP start-up normally. I need to switch it off with IR remote and I am assuming that then it is going into standby? Is it possible to put DLCP into standby right after connecting to mains and to keep it in standby to the moment when I switch it on with IR remote?

I would like to control SMPS400 power with DLCP so just one pressing of IR remote ON button would power-up all four connected SMPS400 and all six amplifiers together. Is it possible? Now in my setup only SMPS400 controls power of connected UCD400 and this works flawlessly but when all 4 SMPS400 are starting-up you probably get an idea that there is big inrush peak through rocker switch. When DLCP is in standby there is a way to control SMPS400 in order to put it also in standby. Support from Hypex was told me how to do it but I cannot find that e-mail and from what I remember it wasn't all clear to me... :(

There is something called "Standby Output Voltage" which is present on 6th pin of J2 in SMPS-DLCP immediately after connecting to mains. What I deducted from datasheet i need to put some DC voltage into standby input of DLCP in order to make it standby, but it seems that SMPS-DLCP doesn't do it after pluging to mains so everything start-up immediately.

So if someone will be able to make me clear to this it would be great...

Last edited:

Attachments

• standby.PNG
    standby.PNG
    83.3 KB · Views: 409