Heatsink question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
coulomb,
I have no preference for brands, however in this particular thermalloy model I found the the 1/4 in base plate to be kind of flimsy. I like that to be at least .5 inch, 3/4 even better.
If you can find something a little better I would be in. Maybe we can have the bars shipped to Peter that can in turn cut them down, repackage and ship to destinations worldwide! You are on vacation Peter, aren't you? :)

Both me and Coulomb are located in Toronto, so is R-Theta. I could cut them on my mitre saw, but the finish would not be acceptable for external use of the sinks. The best way is to order them precut and anodized. It cost more but if you want to use them as a part of amps chassis it the least complicated way.
The sinks from R-Theta have the base slightly thicker (7mm) but the fins look better because have different thikness at the base and on the ends (2 to 1).

Trigon, which is one of the members here, bught recently 4 sinks in 11" lengths and paid CAD$360 if I remember correctly. I'd rather prefer to deal with a group of people because then my time would be spend more efficiently. If it's one person what's a difference between ordering them directly from R-Theta or me doing that and sending them to you? As I said before, I cannot cut them nicely and anodize after.;)

i need heat sinks.. for my aleph 2 soon

i have my set up for my aleph 5's already
here is a cheesy way for me to build my chassis and waste no money it is done with card board but youll get the idea

1st the air comes in from teh bottem and travels towards the back and then straight up over the fins.

2nd the amp is inside over top of the wind tunnel i think my desin will be perfect.. i was up till 2 amp builing this cardboard beast and well it payed off.. here it is ..

Attachments

• epsn0002.jpg
    epsn0002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 603
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.