H2 V2 BUILD

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Congrats! What type of RCA jacks? Are you putting this in a chassis => Panel mount? Do you just want some attached to wires? Color preferences? Exotic materials?

These would likely be just fine, but there might be better options.

https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a1601...290290&sprefix=female+rca+jack,aps,120&sr=8-8

For in and out, I like using old Cat5 wiring. Cheap, plentiful, effective, and already twisted. You'll get a zillion opinions.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I’d place the pot in front of the H2, like normal, BUT it’s easy enough to to try it both ways. So try both and see what you think. :)

I dont think it’s going to make any change on the 2nd harmonic regardless of volume pot location.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello All, I am having trouble finding a volume pot to use when I make this a preamp. I have been told that I should use an Alps RK27 50K but I can't find an online store to purchase. Of have been to places like Mouser that have many different version. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Try Parts Express .I'm not suer about RK27 but they stock the kind many people use. I've bought a few. https://www.parts-express.com/search?order=relevance:desc&keywords=Alps pot Actually, I think these are RK27s

Joined 2017
Paid Member
The pot is the source’s input impedance. Should be many times higher than the output impedance of the source (phono/tape/cd etc) cdplayers /DACs usually are happy with lowish values (>10K or so, while older gear, tapes, etc. sometimes want to see much more (25K upwards)

If this is all nonsensical, pls correct me!

Joined 2019
Paid Member
The pot's full impedance is a key component to determine the source’s H2V2's input impedance. Should be many times higher than the output impedance of the source (phono/tape/cd etc) cdplayers /DACs usually are happy with lowish values (>10K or so, while older gear, tapes, etc. sometimes want to see much more (25K upwards)... You'd likely be just fine with 20k. Post if you're using some older source gear or even something more modern like a CD player with a tube output stage as an example.

If this is all nonsensical, pls correct me!
Not nonsense, just one piece backwards and a bit more detail needed, IMO.

If my corrections are nonsensical, pls correct me! :rofl:

Hi, I did my diy version based on schematic. I choose random J113. My result is very noise. Is it because non matched j113 ? I just only have voltmeter.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20230120_111759.jpg
    MVIMG_20230120_111759.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 98