Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

May I ask about when you use batteries to power ES9038Q2M, how you decided to power AVCC? Is it directly from batteries too?

Yes, I use 3.3V battery power directly. I found passive power supplies like LifePO4 batteries and ultra capacitors are much better than any kind of LDO.

I recommend running AVCC form an independent 3.3V battery rail. But due to the super low internal impedance and the feedback free load response, sharing rails is also possible and doesn't make big difference.

Regards,
Ian

@dewdrop

The voltage of battery based power supply is decided by the chemical. So, for LifePO4, it has to be times of 3.3V.

It is possible to have programmable output voltage in a range from an ultra capacitor based power supply. But you have to wait for my next project.

Other than the +-5V and the linear 5V, what are other voltage rails do you need?

Ian

Regards,
Ian

I would definitely be interested in a set

Interesting that this supply is developed for a dac but would be very useful for a phono stage.

Great job! Please count me in!

me too - depending on price I might be interested in 2. Congrats Ian...looks amazing!

Thanks guys,

For a big PCB board with 2oz copper and that many components, I'll still make effort to keep the cost of production as low as possible. I hope it will be just a little bit higher, than the smaller boards, I'll try.

Another thing is that, for safety reason, it's impossible to include batteries. So, for those who are interested in this power supply, you need to consider how to source the 26650 LifePO4 battery cells by yourself for now.

Regards,
Ian

Hi Ian,

I found this battery has two models, M1A and M1B. What is the difference between them? Can I use M1B instead of M1A?

I have both of them. I didn't find any difference.

M1A cells are mainly for industry applications such as electronic vehicles.

M1B cells are for normal commercial applications.

But I could be wrong.

YouTube

Ian