Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
what exactly the "CircArc.TermAngle = " define? I've tried several values and did not notice any change nor in shape neither in results
It is this angle (10° here). Not all values may be possible in all situations.

Attachments

• CircArc.TermAngle.png
    CircArc.TermAngle.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 375
Joined 2004
Paid Member
am I doing something wrong?
I put in script source shape, radius, curvature and velocity. Choose first flat disc and nothing change in results, second choose spherical cap, 44mm radius (value from some CD's), convex and axial velocity and again nothing change except the title
I have no idea what you really did so it's hard to comment.

Mabat, regarding the post #5152, I found out making the OSSE k-parameter > 1 can smoothen out the response when there is the conical exit in the CD. Makes the beamwidth narrower as trade-off at least in my test case. Is there other ways to optimize WG for conical exit CD than smoothening the throat transition with k parameter? I have to make some more tests later.

First attachment postfixed with k1 is k=1, the other one is the same parameter set except k=5.

Attachments

• test12chf10ak-2-k1.png
    test12chf10ak-2-k1.png
    125 KB · Views: 298
  • test12chf10ak-2.png
    test12chf10ak-2.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 298
Mabat, regarding the post #5152, I found out making the OSSE k-parameter > 1 can smoothen out the response when there is the conical exit in the CD. Makes the beamwidth narrower as trade-off at least in my test case. Is there other ways to optimize WG for conical exit CD than smoothening the throat transition with k parameter? I have to make some more tests later.

First attachment postfixed with k1 is k=1, the other one is the same parameter set except k=5.

This is for the TAD TD-2001, or HF10AK?

You could further smoothen the opening (lowering the flare rate) by lowering α(lpha) and perhaps increase L.
k = 5 seems a nice tradeoff value, but k = 10 would probably work even better. In any case, it's hard to avoid beaming with the TD-2001.

Last edited: