Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

what exactly the "CircArc.TermAngle = " define? I've tried several values and did not notice any change nor in shape neither in results
It is this angle (10° here). Not all values may be possible in all situations.

Attachments

• CircArc.TermAngle.png
    CircArc.TermAngle.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 371
Mabat, regarding the post #5152, I found out making the OSSE k-parameter > 1 can smoothen out the response when there is the conical exit in the CD. Makes the beamwidth narrower as trade-off at least in my test case. Is there other ways to optimize WG for conical exit CD than smoothening the throat transition with k parameter? I have to make some more tests later.

First attachment postfixed with k1 is k=1, the other one is the same parameter set except k=5.

Attachments

• test12chf10ak-2-k1.png
    test12chf10ak-2-k1.png
    125 KB · Views: 294
  • test12chf10ak-2.png
    test12chf10ak-2.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 295
Mabat, regarding the post #5152, I found out making the OSSE k-parameter > 1 can smoothen out the response when there is the conical exit in the CD. Makes the beamwidth narrower as trade-off at least in my test case. Is there other ways to optimize WG for conical exit CD than smoothening the throat transition with k parameter? I have to make some more tests later.

First attachment postfixed with k1 is k=1, the other one is the same parameter set except k=5.

This is for the TAD TD-2001, or HF10AK?

You could further smoothen the opening (lowering the flare rate) by lowering α(lpha) and perhaps increase L.
k = 5 seems a nice tradeoff value, but k = 10 would probably work even better. In any case, it's hard to avoid beaming with the TD-2001.

Last edited: