Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

The original and the scaled version:

ATH-EXAR-400.png
ATH-EXAR-400-scaled.png

Reactions: 3 users
The original and the scaled version:
Thnx, @mabat

I was most interested in trying to extend the driver bandwidth downwards - and it works. But I'm still surprised at how consistent the treble sounds, except that in the extreme couch positions, the soundstage doesn't hold as well as it did with the 950 RCF horns. But a little more toe-in and a little more treble in the direct radiation and everything works fine again.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who can get the original EXAR 400s 3D printed should absolutely try it with a capable compression driver. :)
I use it with SB65CDN-T with a 1.4 inch to 1inch throat insert (horns partnerd with Satori WO24P woofers). The complete system is driven by a small Zoudio amp. The system is magical. Best music system I have had/made/heard at home yet. :)

Reactions: 4 users
1.4", 1" and 1" extended, so far. I may do some 2" as well, but I think that's already somewhat limiting.
I already have a 2"->1.3" adapter for Radian 760NEO (connecting directly to the phase plug). But for that I want to examine the actual phase plug a bit first - I'm still curious about the internal expansion rates.
Also a 1.4" extended is in the pipeline (basically what Oleg did).

1713849838687.png

I have all the parts printed for some time already, now to assemble...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users