AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

More boards on the way!

Howdy. I just shipped some PCBs from California USA to international destinations. I wrapped each board tightly in photocopier paper (to prevent surface scratches) and mailed them in "#2 Bubble Mailer" envelopes which I bought (here).

When I trotted the mailers down to my local US Post Office, the clerk told me I could send the parcels using First Class Package International Service. This costs about USD 14.50 and varies a bit depending on weight and distance to destination. Attached below is my receipt from shipping a bubble mailer containing 3 PCBs, to a diyAudio member in South Africa.

This service does NOT include package tracking or insurance, and you DO need to fill out the postal service's Form 2976-R which is the US Customs declaration. "Gift" "PCB Sample" "Total Value=$4.00" appears to get the board to the recipient with a minimum of extra hassle at their end.

_

This is great Mark! Thank you for sharing your shipping experience. I just placed an order for 20 boards with JLCPCB. I've done several board runs with them and have always had great results. The boards are as listed previously.

2mm Thick FR4
Red Solder Mask
2oz Copper
ENIG Finish
$7 per board plus packing and shipping (international tracking and insurance would be extra if you want them)

PM me if your interested. I accept PayPal. I should have the boards in hand around the end of next week.

Between this and FreeCrowder's order we should be able to get a few more AB100's up and running. :)

Thanks again to Papa Pass for his generosity!!!!!

:cheers:

I think they can be used - of course you will need custom pcb and 2-3 pairs will be enough...

My reduced AB 100 to AB 60 is slowly being processed- still have to make PCB and wait for the parts to be delivered...

Attachments

• DSC00867.jpg
    DSC00867.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC00869.jpg
    DSC00869.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 917
  • DSC00873.jpg
    DSC00873.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 906
  • DSC00875.jpg
    DSC00875.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
If you're referring R35 it's been mentioned a few times ... Consensus seems to be it's not necessary. Although I didn't see Mr. Pass chip in.

Hello uber,
I was wondering if something like this can be done, with R35 being used to lift input ground, R2 ground and NFB cap ground by 10 ohm resistor from the PSU ground.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• sch-R35.png
    sch-R35.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 803
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, you can do that.

Usually the idea is to break a ground loop in an two channel amplifier having
common input ground. Magnetic fields inside the amp and outside can cause
current to circulate from one channel ground back to the source and then
back to the amp via the other channel's cable ground and ultimately causing
noise pick up. If you break one channels input ground connection and replace
it with a 10 ohm or so resistor, you can break that loop.

Doesn't always work, but easy enough to try.

:cheers:

Boards came in a day early! DHL from Shenzhen is amazing! They turned out fantastic. Each boards weighs 2.75oz. This was a heavy package. I have one pair of boards left. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Attachments

• 5AA382C9-E544-46A7-8745-6BA0E62F2B8D.jpg
    5AA382C9-E544-46A7-8745-6BA0E62F2B8D.jpg
    787.5 KB · Views: 837