SpeakerSim speaker simulation software

@LightBit

congratulations for the job! well done .

I wanted to suggest that we can compare other types of loads and see the differences

see attached image if I have not been able to explain

I am using the simulator with satisfaction and I am following the developments with interest

Attachments

• vJWqvgiM3p.jpg
    vJWqvgiM3p.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I had to use REW to compare. So I think there should be an option to import FRD as target.

However to see the difference when changing parameters this would not be very practical (to export and import for every change). But I do not want to make GUI too cluttered with options.
Maybe it would be the best, if graphs would show previous simulation too. This will probably require more work to implement.

I have added this two things to my To Do. I hope they will be done soon and useful. Thank you for suggestions.

Hi, I'm trying to run this on Linux (after you mentioned it in another thread). If I use java-1.8.0-openjdk, I get:

Exception: java.awt.HeadlessException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "main"

If I use java-11-openjdk-11.0.9.11-0, then I get:

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "main"

Help? (This is on Fedora 33.)

Hi Lightbit
There's something wrong with migration of speakersim under java application. The link of java file 161 jre 8 update won't open. I tried earlier version 6.0370.6 which is a 16mb file for win xp 32-bit. But it won't open. The size of java file keeps increasing according to the updates but they won't open in my laptop.
Has anybody tried speakersim using java on win xp 32-bit or win version?
The one I downloaded first of win version gives me an error related to java app.
Thankyou

Hi Lightbit
I am using firefox hybrid, I have no difficulty in accessing
Filehorse web browser.
I did download the other version 152 from my phone and transferred the same to my laptop. Speakersim is now, working, but the icon I am getting is of Java and not speakersim. Didn't have time to play around.
Many thanks for the effort.

Pdf version of seakersim

Hi Lightbit
Is there any pdf. version on the operation of spksim?
I was trying to import tweeter impedance graph from Fph of peerless DC20BF00-04 but the software won't
accept.
The other thing I wanted to ask was placement of components for LP and HP and their filters, are these in line with circuit layout of passive xover design?
It has an option for above and below.
For e.g the zobel and attentuation of L-pad won't work below but above.
Any suggestions above would really help.
Thankyou
Newbie70

Is there any pdf. version on the operation of spksim?
No, I haven't written any documentation yet, unfortunately.

I was trying to import tweeter impedance graph from Fph of peerless DC20BF00-04 but the software won't
accept.
It should be *.zma (sometimes *.txt). Make sure you did use right button (not bottom one which is for importing whole driver). Otherwise you can send me file.

The other thing I wanted to ask was placement of components for LP and HP and their filters, are these in line with circuit layout of passive xover design?
It has an option for above and below.
For e.g the zobel and attentuation of L-pad won't work below but above.
Usually you want to have filters above the driver. This is series (some filters are also parallel). You can see how it is used in default project.
If you have 2 speakers on same level, it is parallel. If you have one below the other, it is series.

Pdf version of seakersim

Hi Lightbit
Thanks for your reply.
It is always good to have a manual for any software, it
will help improve the sotware.
I did try selecting zma of tweeter but it didn't work.
I was able to copy frd and zma graph from spl trace.
The graph in spl trace comes out smooth with frd file@ 1/12 octave but I do get steps on zma graph. I have tried both Linear and Logarithmic settings. The steps are little bit finer in linear as opposed to logarithmic.

If I understood correctly, the passive xvover design for
parallel have be in the same level, so all the filters will
also come in that level, it can be any level.
How will I know the placement of filters for LP and HP whether it is before or after the xover?
In PCD, it gives the circuit layout as well as the value of components including the resistance.
Any suggestions would help.
Thankyou
Newbie70