AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

Hey Prasi . Before switching the boards on the first time , on your layout , am I correct in thinking that trimpot screw must be turned all the way counter-clockwise for minimum bias setting ?

Quiescent current can be set to 80mA (measured over fuse holder with fuse removed) , or 20mA over 1e emitter resistor ?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I suggest using an ohmmeter to measure the resistance between pin1 and pin3 of the R36 trimmer potentiometer, after it has been stuffed and soldered to the PCB. Whichever setting gives the LARGEST resistance from pin1 to pin3, is the safest (lowest bias) starting point for bias adjustment. Measure it twice and reverse the probes for measurement #2. Patiently wait 30 seconds to allow the reading to settle.

_

Attachments

• uvwxy.png
    uvwxy.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Looking amazing flamethrower1 . Well done !

I finally have one channel biased and have been listening to one channel plugged into an old 6x9 driver lying on it's back . I'm going to assemble 6 boards . A pair for my dad , a pair for my friend and a pair for myself . May try some different parts on the last 2 boards to hear the difference .

AB100-01.jpg

IMG-20210816-WA0047.jpg

I have an off board PSU - will draw a schematic of what I did there . I have bias set to ~18mA per output device . Offset seems.to be lowest at that point . Offset is hovering around 2.5mV . Input devices.are well.matched .

Last edited: