AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

I need to build a summer amp, so here is my plan with parts I have on hand
Each heat sink is 6"H x 7 1/4" long or 152.4 mm x 184.15.
The only thing that makes me nervous is the seam in the sinks and if that is going to create a hot spot and be problematic.

This is what I was referring to pic didnt make it the first time

Attachments

• CASSY1.jpg
    CASSY1.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 579
1% MFR tolerance itself is +/-0.22kOhm for 22kOhm nominal value, so there is no problem using 22k

Given how often I see these 22.1k resistors in Mr. Pass‘ designs I‘m rather suspecting that he once got a bargain offer for 2 metric tons of this resistor value and is using them ever since.

I at least always use 22k resistors from my own stash in those positions :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
221 is an E96 international standard resistor value: (wonderful table here)

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Pass Labs has decided its stockroom will only inventory resistors from the E96 standard series. Thus if you work at Pass labs, and if you want a resistor around 22K ohms or so, the closest you can get from the stockroom is 22.1K. An E96 standard value.

BTW those Vishay Dale resistors with printed resistance values instead of colored bands, which diyAudio members love, Love, LOVE (RN55, RN60, CMF55) . . . . are only available in E96 standard values.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Finally got around to building this amp. I had a Proton D1200 that self destructed so I gutted it and installed the AB100 boards instead. I cut the meter driver portion off the old circuit board and made a small power supply to drive those. It sounds great, but not nearly as authoritative as the original.

20210426_193017.jpg

20210426_193052.jpg

comment from NP regarding lower voltage:

Nelson,

Do you see any problem if the rails of the amplifier go down to +/- 25V ?

thanks in advance
George

Nelson Pass:

If it get noisy, you can reduce R8 to 3.3K, but probably not needed.

And lower rails gives opportunity for higher OS bias.

Board Question

Hi All,

I had a question if someone knows something about the design of the board maybe Prasi can help.

I am trying to get heatsinks pre drilled and tapped for the Prasi PCB, but they need a DXF Cad file:

I was wondering if someone has any experience on how to make this from the gerber files? I tried using Eagle but I couldn't get it to work. Does anybody have any ideas?

Prasi do you maybe have a file like this for your boards? I really only need the holes for the PCB mounts and the Tranistors.

Any help greatly appreciated