Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

More Bliesma T25B and SB26 results! Reminder these are 7ms of clean signal, no smoothing. Depending on waveguide size, baffle diffraction starts to show up @ 3-4khz. Basically if you see the responses getting wavy and crossing each other as you move off axis, baffle diffraction is showing up and the waveguide is losing pattern control.

rcqGGHm.png

Am6IlkN.png

f7gpD7i.png

kIVQb5k.png

H0c1w8v.png

HFQxVRr.png

st14OGp.png

IyTxE7G.png

AsSlwzP.png

dIFKiZ2.png

SCc6AI8.png

n7VVveH.png

DLqFrkF.png

Nkx9DUQ.png

CNM1BMA.png

zNY6w3x.png

bjWWO34.png

IsNZqOa.png

BTW since the Bliesma designs went so well, I didn't have to spend a ton of money. If I can reach my gofundme goal of $750 I'll buy the 3/4" Scanspeak d2104/7120-00 and 1" Scanspeak r2904/7000-05 and start working waveguides for those. I did a circular waveguide for the 1" Scanspeak ring radiator for the Monkey Box project and it came out well so I'm hoping it will be easy to do more variants. A big 8" waveguide to go deep might be a nice match!

Whoa, I've asked a quotation from i.materialise.com.
The previous 5" model was about 45 euros, but the new 6.5" is 100 euros !!
The new 5" is about 37 euros

I presume it is related to the amount of needed material, does it mean that new models are more solid & dense ?
Do you have some distortion measurements ? Maybe new ones are less prone to resonances ?

Regards

Last edited:
Hi Augerpro,

I just approached my project using your older 6" version for the SB26ADC.
I see now you have a slightly larger 6,5".
Are there any significant differences between these differences, despite the size?

I don't think ever did a 6" for the SB26 prior to this group. Maybe you could link me the post you are talking about.

Whoa, I've asked a quotation from i.materialise.com.
The previous 5" model was about 45 euros, but the new 6.5" is 100 euros !!
The new 5" is about 37 euros

I presume it is related to the amount of needed material, does it mean that new models are more solid & dense ?
Do you have some distortion measurements ? Maybe new ones are less prone to resonances ?

Regards

Yes there is a change. Before, the tweeter mounting flange was a 1/4" thick sort of "disc". Now it is a large block. I did this because a CNC could not mill the disc, and I didn't want a whole bunch of versions of a single design to keep track of. When you get bigger they get spendy, although those prices seem high for PLA. If this was SLS nylon then I can understand that, I think HP is the only manufacturer of those printers.

Well, maybe stupidly, but I already have it printed and also made a cutout for my speaker with it... So that's quite unfortunate for me, but the newer 6,5" versions won't fit in my front now. :crackup:

So I will test it and hopefully it will be good. I will be using it for a 2-way design.

arnandsway> I have results from a vA that look good, but none from vB. Likely I made a small tweak to profile, but shouldn't be a large difference. It's also possible there was no tweak to profile, but just other little features. Should work pretty well if it is at all like vA.

black300zx> looks great and that's not a bad price either. What's the intended application in your design?

They'll be paired with Peerless 5" HDS mids and 8" peerless HDS midbass/woofers. I have very wierd room geometry so I'm hoping the controlled dispersion will help control room reflections. My first time using waveguides, so it's also an opportunity to learn & experiment. They look pretty neat too;)