Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Add.: comparing the measurements in line chart form, the data from the Somasonus website doesn't quite match with what I've measured.

Comparison horizontal directivity for the 6,5" elliptical version w/ PS, SB26ADC-C000-4; scales, SPL and overylay colors matched; left Somasonus, right myself:

6,5in PS hor Augerpro.png 6,5in PS hor Ston.png

The Somasonus measurements show a broader beamwidth at the lower, and a narrower beamwidth at the top end of the frequency spectrum.

My measurements were done in free air, on stand / platform, 1m height, 1m distance DUT <-> mic, 2 ms gate, Class 1 FR mic with frequency & SPL calibration, graph 1/6 oct smoothed. Can you, @augerpro , name your measurement methodics, environment, variables, so we can diagnose the source of the differences?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, do you have any sugestion for 3d printing service? what material will work best? i have an access to shop bot cnc router. is it posible to cut a vaweguide directly into the mdf baffle? i have only basic knowledge in cad design, enough to make and cut speaker boxes on shop bot.

but you are doing amazing work!