• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014 Power Jfet Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Ok - for the first batch of 12 pairs, we are going to install devices and test out. Woofertester might have some extras he can offer in the GB. If there is more interest we can make more but I think someone else will have to handle the GB. I think Woofertester said he can handle the GB for the adapter boards as part of the matched LU1014D GB. First we need to make sure it works though.

Glad to see that there is a surge of interest now in these aluminum TO-247 adapter boards.

Last edited:
It is premature for a melee of random posts wanting to join in. The parts have not been received yet. It will be some weeks to characterize enough parts to start filling orders.

When the GB is open, rules will be posted and the GB will be managed. All random posts before that time will be ignored. Patience, people.

The parts from Mr. Pass have arrived. We will order aluminum adapters and test them with some parts from my stash just in case some parts are destroyed in the process.

I will start characterizing and sorting parts from the Pass stash.

My guess is that some time in June we will open up the group buy. In the meantime, I will post results as I have them. Sorting some stragglers from my stash as well as breaking in a new instrument. Stay tuned.

Factory original device from Pass stash on the left. eBay device on the right.

Attachments

• LU1014D_photo.jpg
    LU1014D_photo.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 451
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Interest in XRK971's LU1014D IMS PCB adapter board
woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
-----------------------
12 pair

We can revisit this list once Woofertester and myself determine that the current batch of adapter boards work properly. Thanks for the interest though.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The PCB substrate is made of aluminum. IMS PCB stands for insulated metal substrate. You may have seen these on LED lamps - they mount the SMT LEDs to an aluminum substrate which is then mounted to a heatsink.

These are the 2.0W/(m K) variety thermal conductivity boards. By comparison, FR4 substrates are 0.3W/(m K).

Metal core PCBs - Multi Circuit Boards

Curve Tracer hardware

Here is the hardware. 4-wire Kelvin on D-S connection. 2-wire connection on the G-S connection. Running a script that I wrote. Found another bug in the script this morning as I was working on the first Pass Stash device. With this bug eliminated, I now get very good repeatability; much better than 1%.

Any Python gurus in the community? I would like to use a thermal receipt printer to print out each device's parameters while I am calling my characterization script.

Attachments

• CurveTracer_small.jpg
    CurveTracer_small.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 392