• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

If you subscribe to GB, for Maya stereo shipped to Australia is 203euro. Shipping June-July.
If you purchase from our webshop is 293euro. Shipping next week.

Regards,
Tibi

Excellent, good price. Can please tell me the input impedance as I'm trying to find something with a hi impedance.

Apart from power supply is there anything else I'll need to purchase to complete this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Please note that MAYA is a constant output resistance attenuator. Not like a common potentiometer.
You need to terminate this attenuator with a resistance equanl with your amplifier input impedance.
For example:
Input resistance ranges from 17k to 1M for an Rload of 1M.
Output resistance is constant around 10k.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi, please see the attached new firmware version for android only with oled display . Maya 1.6.b
Please test and feedback .
Thank you.

Based on testing done by AudioHome please be informed that all is good ,all bugs resolved and this is the last version for this type of hardware : Maya with Oled display and Android bluetooth (with BTM182 module) .
In the future will be using BLE bluetooth (HM type or other available ) module which will unify for Android and IOS the hardware/firmware version of Maya.

I am not sure this is the right place to ask for help. I have bought a Maya controller With OLED+BLE+power relay board and volCB from Hans Polak.
The Maya unit starts up fine and can be controlled by an Apple remote, but the volCB board id not responding. When I put a scope on the SCL and SDA, regardless if the volCB is connected or not, thy are both @ +5V and stays there even though the displays say the volume is going up/down or changing input aso...
The bluetooth will not mate with my Android phone. The phone can see the Maya unit, but say there is an error in mating with it.
When I try to select number of inputs, with the select buttom and rotary encoder, I cannot change it from 6 channels. If I use the remote , I can change the number , but I cannot save it...

Please help, it is sort of a boat-anchor for me right now :(

Bluetooth revisited

Just a little feedback here. FWIW

I do like controlling Maya using bluetooth from my ipad. I use the ipad to control my music player as well. When changing from the Maya app to the music player app the Bluetooth will disconnect. This makes it kind of a pain to use so I've gone back to IR control.

I also have an Android phone which could be used for this but the Maya app will not connect at all on Android.

Thank you very much for your feedback !

On IOS I'll try to keep application running in background. This will solve disconnect issue.

On Android some things have been changed with Pie version. Google had introduced some security measures. Therefore, in order to have bluetooth low energy working with our application, you need to go to phone settings and start location service. I know ... this sucks.
Than go to Maya application and allow location service from inside application as well. Sucks even more ...
Now restart Maya application, press BLE button and Maya will be listed and you'll be able to connect.
Please note that location service must be on and this mess will happen only at very first run.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be great if you could fix this behavior in IOS.

Regarding Android, Location services are enabled in both the system and the Maya app.
There is also something in there called "Blu-tooth Scanning" which I enabled. The Maya app will still not connect. Several devices show up with MAC addresses but nothing says "Maya". If you try to connect to any of them the app hangs and the phone needs to be rebooted. I am using a Motorola G5. Android system is 8.1.0.

That would be great if you could fix this behavior in IOS.

Regarding Android, Location services are enabled in both the system and the Maya app.
There is also something in there called "Blu-tooth Scanning" which I enabled. The Maya app will still not connect. Several devices show up with MAC addresses but nothing says "Maya". If you try to connect to any of them the app hangs and the phone needs to be rebooted. I am using a Motorola G5. Android system is 8.1.0.

Please update you app to latest from google appstore. You must connect from inside Maya application not phone system settings.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tibi,

I was experiencing control problems after the last app update.
Now the app cannot be found in the app store anymore, and the MAYA project is completely removed from your website...
Is this temporary, all ok with you and the company, or is the support suddenly stopped?

Hopefully both will be back online soon!

I hooked up the BPBP, VolCB and Maya and it works beautifully! Attached pics, still in temp housing. The sound is very good, the left and right channels are perfectly balanced (which they were not with the original BPBP potmeter) and I like the app for remote control.

One thing I would have done differently on hindsight: use a 4x2 female header on the VolCB (instead of the 3x2 I have now) and plug the wires coming out of the net-ties right in there. Perhaps I will still try to change that...

Two things I noticed on Maya. Perhaps anyone encountered this before:

- it consumes more power when "on" than in "standby". In standby more than 2,5 W, which I do think is quite high for standby. "on" is around 1,8 W. I measured voltage across all resistors on the board in both modes, but no real difference there. I did notice that the temperature sensors are powered also in standby.

- when input 1 is active and I turn the volume down lowest, it switches to input 2 on the last "notch" of the encoder turn. That is kind of useful because it means that the input on 1 gets totally cut off and mute is fully silent. The other way around (turning vol down on input 2) it does not happen. Is this a "feature" or a bug?

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 539
  • volCB.jpg
    volCB.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 524
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 497
Hi AudiHome !

Can you please describe the problems you have experienced ?
On Android or IOS app ?
IOS app will be available soon via Apple TestFlight, while Android can be provided by mail.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,

I am using the android app and the latest universal android/ios software version for MAYA (maya_v_1_6_rays_oled_IOS).
The codes send by the app over BT seem to have changed (I used a serial logger to find this).
The last update sends duplicate commands for the input 1..4 selection with the other buttons.
That is very unfortunate as it was working fine before (and I was happy with that!).

I will send a PM with my email, hoping to get it solved.

Hi Tibi,

Thanks, I tried immediately but unfortunately without any succes.
I still see the strange double command numbers, and no response of the Maya software.

I am using android Pie on an Samsung S9.

With the APK I will now try another android Phone to see if it works.
Let you know later today!

EDIT: Same result, I am 100% sure it worked on this Phone before (Samsung S7 android 8).

Last edited: