• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

Hi hanswolek,

Make a backup of your old iphone - with itunes - and than restore on the new one.

I think this is the support page at Apple Use iTunes or Finder to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,
Tibi

thanks Tibi for the advice ... i did not have backup on the pc ... did iphone to iphone transfer - restored all apps but Maya has icon that it should be downloaded from the cloud when you press on it and it tries to contact Apple Store and fails.

is there any other way how i could get to Maya app ?

Is there any other way I could

Single option to have Maya installed is to make a full backup of your old iphone and restore on the new one.
I can send you ipa file, but will not work unless you jailbreak your iphone, or make use of cydia-impactor via sideloading.
Cydia Impactor ( Windows & Mac ) Install IPA Files

In case you have lot of patience and willing to try cydia, mail me and I'll try to send you ipa file.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Tibi,
have moved couple of months ago to Macos Catalina. So iTunes is gone now there is iTunes (Music) app ... and if you connect phone there is no way to sync apps anymore.

It is sad - had to purchase low power bluetooth module and install it - gladly all went great and I do have IR remote so it is not a big deal but it's kinda sad not to be able to install the app ...if there are any other ways (without bricking the phone) i am glad to experiment ?

But it did work great when it worked :) Pitty as I am sure bi-directional comm could've been done and app could read volume from Maya and display it and lot of enhancements but i guess with fairly small DIY market it had no real future :(

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide for now wthdrawn-from-marketing product !!!

thank you

But it did work great when it worked :) Pitty as I am sure bi-directional comm could've been done and app could read volume from Maya and display it and lot of enhancements but i guess with fairly small DIY market it had no real future :(

Maybe is time to disclose that I'm working for a while on a "out of this world" volume-controller, named Merlin. Beside full remote interaction from a mobile phone, it will bring some very nice ideas, hence the "magic" part and Merlin name.

The project is very big and I'll consider to make this open source, maybe.

Regards,
Tibi