• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

New MAYA version 1.6 with IOS support has been released.
Thanks to Hanswolek we have now a final version for IOS, fully tested and with several nice improvements, like display on/off from menu and remote, more clear menus and a number of long standing bugs finally cleared.

Please note that in order to use MAYA with an iPhone you need a BLE module. This can be purchased from us.

Latest MAYA for Android firmware can be downloaded from here
Latest MAYA for IOS firmware can be downloaded from here

Download MAYA remote control for IOS from App Store

More information on vicol audio : MAYA - world best stepped volume attenuator

Regards,
Tibi

New MAYA version 1.6 with IOS support has been released...

Thanks for the update notice!

Unfortunately a change list is missing so I tried the new version in practice.
Can you give us more details about the changes?

I ended up with these questions / remarks:
  • When changing from one input to another the volume stays at the old level
    Is this intentional?
    only after a volume change it takes over the correct input volume which is a risk when switching inputs with different volume settings
  • The big display of the actual volume is no longer working, this is being highly missed
  • Screen saver is not working when enabled or disabled
  • How does the display on/off function work?
  • Can you make the tube delay funtion setting range starting at 0, 5, 10... to be able to disable this function if it is not needed?
Any intention of updating the android app as well?

For now I go back to the old version because of the volume issue and enjoy the controller as I did before!

Last edited:
Good news,

Put some more days in testing with the new version 1.6 (android).
After some more days and setting the screensaver on/off several times it now works again!
The big numbers are back as well, dont know why they did not work when set the first time.

Also changing the volume does seem to be more smooth now.
Now hopefully the volume not changing when changing inputs can be fixed.

Tibi,
Currently my preamp is powered by the Maya's standby relay. I have been thinking about using one those speaker relays to control an external relay to power my power amp. I know that there is a turn on delay built in. My question is what happens on turn off. Do all relays turn off at the same time? Ideally I would like the power amp to turn off first.

Good news,

Put some more days in testing with the new version 1.6 (android).
After some more days and setting the screensaver on/off several times it now works again!
The big numbers are back as well, dont know why they did not work when set the first time.

Also changing the volume does seem to be more smooth now.
Now hopefully the volume not changing when changing inputs can be fixed.

By design each input has its own volume setting.

I have noticed that when you mess around with the settings sometimes the big numbers go away. disconnecting and reconnecting power seems to restore them.

[*]When changing from one input to another the volume stays at the old level
Is this intentional?
only after a volume change it takes over the correct input volume which is a risk when switching inputs with different volume settings
[*]The big display of the actual volume is no longer working, this is being highly missed
[*]Screen saver is not working when enabled or disabled
[*]How does the display on/off function work?
[*]Can you make the tube delay funtion setting range starting at 0, 5, 10... to be able to disable this function if it is not needed?
[/LIST]Any intention of updating the android app as well?

Separate volume levels per input it was a highly requested feature that took us lot of hard work to implement. You do not have same signal level on all sources, therefore this is a feature that, for the time been, only MAYA offer.

Screen saver is working if you enable, go to the end and use EXIT from Settings menu.

Tube delay can be set using an RC5 remote. If you do not use this function, do not connect tube anode trough MAYA, but I highly suggest you to use it, will extend your tube life a lot.

I'm currently working to implement more features on both Android and IOS applications.
These are gesture control, progressive display dimming, display on/off, etc.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi,
Currently my preamp is powered by the Maya's standby relay. I have been thinking about using one those speaker relays to control an external relay to power my power amp. I know that there is a turn on delay built in. My question is what happens on turn off. Do all relays turn off at the same time? Ideally I would like the power amp to turn off first.

At turn off, speakers are disconnected first, than main power.

Regards,
Tibi

Separate volume levels per input it was a highly requested feature that took us lot of hard work to implement. You do not have same signal level on all sources, therefore this is a feature that, for the time been, only MAYA offer...
Tibi

Thanks for the explanation, but unfortunately that is not the problem I have.

However I must say that this function was also for me one of the main reasons I choose this set!
Now I can have one feed through input for the home cinema amplifier at max volume.
So no reason to change this.

The problem is that with the new version 1.6 in my system the volume is NOT corrected when you change the input, it stays at the setting of the previous input.
Only when you change the volume after this it jumps with one big step to the volume that belongs to the new input.
This is a problem when you switch between a maximum volume input (as I use for home cinema) to any normal input.
Then you get that new input also on maximum level until you change the volume (hurts my speakers and ears...).
In version 1.4 that all worked perfect, the volume was immediately changed when changing the input.

The tube delay (I agree it is usefull) is not used as I do not use a tube amplifer but a separate power-amp with Class-D solid state Ncores.
With the additional range the soft start can be used to power up these amplifiers as well without waiting too long.
Again a good feature that might be a bit more flexible.

Good to hear that you are still working on new features!
The new items would be nice to have, hope to see them coming soon.

@pixelpusher:
Thanks the power cycle is probably what I did to make it work again, but then unintentional...

Thanks for the explanation, but unfortunately that is not the problem I have.

However I must say that this function was also for me one of the main reasons I choose this set!
Now I can have one feed through input for the home cinema amplifier at max volume.
So no reason to change this.

The problem is that with the new version 1.6 in my system the volume is NOT corrected when you change the input, it stays at the setting of the previous input.
Only when you change the volume after this it jumps with one big step to the volume that belongs to the new input.
This is a problem when you switch between a maximum volume input (as I use for home cinema) to any normal input.
Then you get that new input also on maximum level until you change the volume (hurts my speakers and ears...).
In version 1.4 that all worked perfect, the volume was immediately changed when changing the input.

The tube delay (I agree it is usefull) is not used as I do not use a tube amplifer but a separate power-amp with Class-D solid state Ncores.
With the additional range the soft start can be used to power up these amplifiers as well without waiting too long.
Again a good feature that might be a bit more flexible.

Good to hear that you are still working on new features!
The new items would be nice to have, hope to see them coming soon.

@pixelpusher:
Thanks the power cycle is probably what I did to make it work again, but then unintentional...
Hi all ,
please test this if you have the android version and oled display and tell me if it is fixed the issue related to volume change when input is changed.
Also in the last version some settings menu have been renamed.
As a rule if you want Oled to stay on big numbers you love so much you must : disable screensaver and disable temperature show (aka LM50 temperatue check).
Also I have reduced on this version time of heating up.
If you go in settings you can now reduce time to 5 sec in the menu : Warming up time.
Please see the pdf with maya command and settings and how to setup Maya preamp.
Now in settings are present this submenu settings that can be altered:
Lcd "Settings >>> "
Lcd "New remote RC5 "
Lcd "Rename input "
Lcd "Setup overheat "
Lcd "Warming up time "
Lcd "Soft start time "
Lcd "Show temperature"
Lcd "Remote type "
Lcd "Screensaver "
Lcd "Soft version "
Lcd "Exit settings "
Best regards.
fw : maya_v_1_6_a_rays_oled Android version

Attachments

• maya_v_1_6_a_rays_oled.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 63
Hi Tibi,

Thanks for the update.

Started testing today and I am happy to say that my volume problem has been solved now!
I now re-connected my home cinema input for the front speakers at 0dB attenuation.

I use the big numbers together with the screensaver and that functioned well directly after programming (dont know why the power cycle was needed last time).

Also set-up the quicker setting for the heat-up time.
This works as well with only one remark, if you select a number with one digit the "sec" indicator jumps one pos to the left, but the old text is not cleared so it states "secc" (seen that before with one other setting but do not remember which one it was). A leading space before number 5 would probably solve this.

All in all thanks a lot for your quick update that solved my problem!
Hope to see more nice things from you in the future.