The Metronome

johninCR said:
Steve,

I didn't mean anything derogatory. They are easily tuned to taste, within certain obvious limits, and I wanted to be able to get mine as far from the wall as possible without absolutely requiring a sub. Against the wall also put mine close to the corners, and since my walls are concrete, placement has maximum effect. Fully lined with damping mine would probably be quite happy at the wall.

Hi John
I wasn't taking offense at anything, just wondering about the differences between British and American rooms really. I remember your pictures showed your speakers on a hard floor near a wall. If as you say you have concrete walls and hard floors then I can see why the speakers might have been a bit better balanced out in the room. :)

Steve Cresswell said:
Ah imaging

Now that's what they are really good at.
My room is too small to have them out in the breeze so I miss out a bit in the
imaging department.

Steve.

Yep, you hit on something really good with your tall, narrow, elegantly simple design. I wish I had a room big enough for a pair made with 15" coax's....Imagine those 12' tall spires and the bass they would make.:D :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
johninCR said:
Yep, you hit on something really good with your tall, narrow, elegantly simple design. I wish I had a room big enough for a pair made with 15" coax's....Imagine those 12' tall spires and the bass they would make.:D :D

If you are gonna go big you might as well go bipole... but they may not be as tall as you guesstimate... height is a function of Fs.

dave

Did someone mention Metronomes with a pair of 15in co-ax units?
No problem at all. Here's one for the P Audio BM15CX38: http://www.speakercity.com/Merchant...C&Product_Code=BM15CX38&Category_Code=PA-COAX (not cheap, but possibly good).

Line 72in
So=65in^2 (I used 6.5in wide x 10in deep)
Sl=360in^2 (I used 20in x 18in)
Zdriver 34in
Vent = 8in diameter, 0.75in long. Line the cabinet, or stuff 0.25lbs ft^3 above the driver. Might need a suprabaffle for mounting the driver to.

Attachments

• p audio 15in co-ax metronome.gif
    p audio 15in co-ax metronome.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 976
Scottmoose said:
:devilr:

Well, never let it be said Dave & I don't do 'big' speakers... :D

Steve -I apologise. You got to all that effort to come up with an elegent, WAF friendly speaker, and then we go & create a monster... ;)

Maybe you haven't created a monster Scott/Dave.
Can you just imagine a pair of these in piano gloss black, granite finish, or birds eye maple in a New York loft apartment paired with Charles Eames recliners Layze boy chairs etc.

drool :bawling: :bawling:

Steve

Yeah, I had all this free time planned to build some funky stuff, but then I got some work that will take me away from home for a few months.

Going to Australia to visit my folks in August, going to do a father son thing and build him (my father) something good!

Metronomes or BIB's look just the ticket! I want them to blow his old Bose thingy's into the weeds. Shouldn't be hard I know....

I wonder what these Metronomes would sound like in a surround system?

Stroop