The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

@YDSR: Did the ADA PEQ give the same results as the generic, but limited within the stated boundaries?
The helpfile states that the ADA PEQ is not tested on hardware yet. Not sure whether that is a problem.

This is very interesting. It was a lot of work for me to determine a FusionAmp configuration with the same response as an existing miniDSP configuration. Main differences were the Q's for the boostcut and shelf filters.
At that time I could not find a simple relation between FA and mDSP. Now I'm tempted for another try.

I have my streamer connected to the SPDIF input of the slave and the SPDIF output connected to the input of the master. This seems to break the master/slave configuration which works fine when the SPDIF output from the master is connected to the input of the slave. Does anybody know if there a way to make this work?

Then swap the filter settings too.

Why?

Hypex remote cannot be moved to other FA unit(s)?

Sure they can be moved, I just don't like useless holes in my speakers :D

The reason for asking was the manual doesn't mention the master need to be connected to the slave input, just a spdif cable between both.

Last edited:
I tested the new EQ function and I got different results with the same filter parameters if I used in the filter design or in the EQ section. This is because the EQ doesn't work at double precision?

What is different sound wise?

Did you compare EQ with biquad on one of the channels? Because the biquads in the EQs impact all channels. An advantage of multi amp DSP solutions like Fusion is that you can restrict filtering to a single channel. Instead of having a long list of biquads that goes through all speakers...

Fedde

What is different sound wise?

Did you compare EQ with biquad on one of the channels? Because the biquads in the EQs impact all channels. An advantage of multi amp DSP solutions like Fusion is that you can restrict filtering to a single channel. Instead of having a long list of biquads that goes through all speakers...

Fedde

I don't tested how it sounds, just measured the frequency response. There was few dB difference and different Q value between the filter design and the EQ but the filter parameters was the same.
I just measured one channel active (woofer) at nearfield to minimize room effects and other channel interference.
Maybe I check again and post some measurements.

Last edited:
I don't tested how it sounds, just measured the frequency response. There was few dB difference and different Q value between the filter design and the EQ but the filter parameters was the same.
I just measured one channel active (woofer) at nearfield to minimize room effects.
Maybe I check again and post some measurements.

Interesting. That could be a bug...

Fedde